Over The Moon oracle

OTMoraclecards

Over the Moon Oracle Cards - I made them!

I recieved mine today.. they are nicely done.. Im looking forward to playing with them :)

Hi, I just found this thread. Thanks for your purchase ravenwynter. I'd love to know how you're getting along with the cards.

If either of you have any more questions about the deck or my method of reading playing cards, please let me know. I'd be happy to answer. I have created two additional decks (The Cinderella Deck, The Simple Lenormand) and have more coming out soon.

~Kristen

BodhiSeed

I don't buy too many decks these days, but I did order the Over the Moon Oracle. I'm a sucker for old book illustrations. :) Printer's Studio has wonderful cardstock, so I'm sure this deck will be delightful to use. I think the playing card image on one side with the illustration on the other is ingenious. Welcome to the forum, OTM! :heart:

OTMoraclecards

I don't buy too many decks these days, but I did order the Over the Moon Oracle. I'm a sucker for old book illustrations. :) Printer's Studio has wonderful cardstock, so I'm sure this deck will be delightful to use. I think the playing card image on one side with the illustration on the other is ingenious. Welcome to the forum, OTM! :heart:

Thanks BodhiSeed, I appreciate your purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about the deck.

Kristen

Nina*

I bought this deck from you, Kristen, some time ago. I really love the images, but unfortunately still haven't had time to figure out how to read them.

OTMoraclecards

I bought this deck from you, Kristen, some time ago. I really love the images, but unfortunately still haven't had time to figure out how to read them.

Hi Nina, I appreciate your purchase. But I also want you to get some use out of your deck. You might want to follow my blog so you can see my sample readings. http://overthemoon-oraclecards.blogspot.com/

There are also a couple of ways to approach learning to read them.

(1) They are based on the meanings I use for my playing card system. I have an online course you can take if interested. The beauty of the playing card side is that there are many details you can get from playing cards. I use them to get timing information, physical descriptions of people, yes/no answers, numerical theme, and much more. This is invaluable when combined with the visual side of the cards. Here's a sample reading on finding your soulmate that shows how to use both sides of the deck: http://overthemoon-oraclecards.blogspot.com/2015/02/spread-of-month-finding-your-soulmate.html

Here's a link to my course and you (ANYONE) can use coupon code FUTURE50 to take half off. https://www.udemy.com/your-future-is-in-the-cards/

(2) I think the meanings are similar enough to tarot so that if you're familiar with tarot cards, you might find it easy to see comparisons. Suits (Clubs = Wands, Hearts = Cups, Spades = Swords, Diamonds = Pentacles.)

(3) Use a story method of interpretation with the images. Just say what you see. I picked the images for the deck especially for this purpose. Each card features one person or several characters doing something. So, just saying what you see can give you lots of answers. To learn the cards, here's an exercise. Shuffle and select one card at the beginning of your day. Answer these 4 questions about what you see in the card image: (1) What's happening? (2) What does the character(s) want? Goals? Desires? (3) What's wrong? What hinders/limits the character from getting what they want? (4) What's the solution? Advice? Guidance? Journal your insights, then check back at the end of the day to see if your one-card reading shed any light on your day.

If you keep a journal of your insights, you'll be able to answer any question. Here's a post about the story method of interpretation from my blog. http://overthemoon-oraclecards.blogspot.com/2015/01/yes-or-no-how-to-get-your-answer-with.html

And feel free to ask me anything!

Kristen

BodhiSeed

I pair an oracle card and tarot card for a daily reading on my blog. I think next week I'm going to pair the Whimsical Tarot with your deck, Over the Moon. I've got the deck with the keywords on the cards, so between the illustration and the keyword, reading them should be a snap. :)

OTMoraclecards

I pair an oracle card and tarot card for a daily reading on my blog. I think next week I'm going to pair the Whimsical Tarot with your deck, Over the Moon. I've got the deck with the keywords on the cards, so between the illustration and the keyword, reading them should be a snap. :)

Oooh, that sounds awesome. I LOVE the Whimsical Tarot. I still regret letting it go. I think the pairing will work well since the imagery has a similar tone. I'd love to see your blog - what's your url?

Kristen