The Emperor as obstacle?

spiritofjosh

I asked what the opposition or obstacle is to me and and ex reconciling with each other and I got The Emperor.

I can't find any other threads about this being in an obstacle position but I can only guess that it may mean that my ex feels too powerful now that moved on from the relationship and doesn't want to go backwards or maybe I have too high expectations for a second chance? I also feel as though it may mean she is involved with a new person? His meanings are predominantly manly or fatherly, so using that as a way to interpret why two people can't get back together on the woman's side gets confusing.

I feel it could have many meanings but I only wanted to draw one card for the question just to see what I got, so there are no other cards to include here.

Grizabella

Well, the Emperor is a very staunch, powerful figure. He's not going to move out of the way for you, so it could mean a new love.

But it also could mean it's something about you if you were rigid and authoritarian. It may just be that she needed someone with less authoritarian ways.

spiritofjosh

Yes the second part of what you said makes most sense. When she ended it she kept saying how she felt that I was always going to be mad at what she would choose to do with herself and although this really wasn't true she made herself believe it was...so like you said I was too "authoritive" at time. So I guess this reflects how she feels towards me now. Thank you.

Nemia

The Emperor is a father archetype. The obstacle can be connected with her father - her expectations for a partner to resemble her father, be accepted by her father, or that he stirs memories of the less pleasant sides of her father.

Too many rules, too much structure, a too rigid planning of the future may play a role.

Emperor is associated with Aries, so a flaming temper or a tendency to (benevolent or less benevolent) ego-centrism can be an obstacle on one side.

ETA: wrote this before I read your answer. Hope it helps nevertheless.

spiritofjosh

The Emperor is a father archetype. The obstacle can be connected with her father - her expectations for a partner to resemble her father, be accepted by her father, or that he stirs memories of the less pleasant sides of her father.

Too many rules, too much structure, a too rigid planning of the future may play a role.

Emperor is associated with Aries, so a flaming temper or a tendency to (benevolent or less benevolent) ego-centrism can be an obstacle on one side.

ETA: wrote this before I read your answer. Hope it helps nevertheless.

Any answers help, and yours even rings true further. For sake of explaining how this card makes sense is, if anybody chooses to read, is my ex has very high standards and self worth. And at times I would lose my temper and question who a certain person was she was friends with, to only be proven that it was someone she has known for a long time.

Eventually I've come to understand I could trust her completely but only after I would go through bouts of insecurity and question her about who this person was, etc and she hated that. She felt I didn't trust her and eventually this is what started to drive us apart, the thought of her not being trusted when she knew she could be. It certainly ended up being the biggest mistake on my part and now the Emperor shows this.