Nine wands - as contact

Modasmile

I would like to ask how someone would see the nine of wands as contact ?
I would see this advice as no don't do it ! You have come this far and it's been a struggle to get through what I have and kept strong and not to give in now by making contact with someone and going back on my words and thoughts .Could it also mean hang in there success is so close to give in to what I believe to be right would be a lost battle ? Perseverance ?

Would anyone see this differently?

Grizabella

I sometimes think of the 9 of Wands as being a card that shows a person who was wounded in a battle but hasn't given up yet. He's still flinchy from the fight so he's standing guard against being retaliated against. Then moving on to the 10 of Wands we see that those Wands and one more he's picked up somewhere have become a huge, heavy burden he can barely carry. It's like carrying a grudge around. It will hurt you in the long run, not the other party. It's like drinking poison and hoping the one you have a grudge against will die.

Wands stand for passion, creativity, the healthy spark of living a vibrant life. But like anything else, moderation is key. The guy here in the 9 of Wands is more focused on defensiveness, anger, resentment and maybe hatred from the battle before that he's focused on the past and can't move toward his future. All the passionate and creative potential of the suit is smothered. I think there's also fear that's motivating him---look at his bandage on his head. During battle he had lost his shoe so he put on one that doesn't match, and he's got that bandage on his head. The bandage on his head says he's still thinking of the battle and now he's got fear---usually I've found that my resentments in the past have been rooted in fear. Fear I'd lose something I valued and/or fear that I wouldn't have something I thought I needed.

I think your answer is "no". I don't see it meaning success is close. I just think it's saying that the battle is over and you're still focused on the past because you perceive it's still a threat.

I haven't finished my coffee yet, so I'm fuzzy around the edges, but this is what I think of when I see the 9 of Wands in some readings.

Modasmile

Thank you for your reply. That's a really great and interesting take. When I said success is close , I meant success of leaving things behind. I'm moving in the right direction (success ) that I came out alive and don't give in now and take a backward step. Yes I agree with the battle is over and the advice is no and if I ignore it I'll end up with the ten of wands. To let it go. I don't think it's fear That I have I think it's missing someone but not been able to go back to something I know wasn't right & standing my ground.
Wow great explanation.