8 of cups and The moon if the person is hiding feelings

Dartellus

Hi!

This is thread is a outcome from a discussion that i had with a friend.

She believes that 8 of cups can be a signal that the person is hiding feelings and that even are trying to escape from it.
The moon she is certain about it and i kinda agree, i see the moon as a signal of hidden things.

But the 8 of cups is possible, but not certain. The person in the 8 cups card is leaving the cups behind (feelings) and is going to a journey, or, to new shore.
But i see as signal of escapism as well, but to me this is not the major meaning of the card.

What you people think?
About both cards, any ideas?

Thanks!

summeryjoy

I agree with you. The Moon may signify hiding the feelings yes; recognizing them internally, but externally denying them in some way. But the 8 of Cups, I'd go more with the notion that the person doesn't even recognize that they have the feelings; escaping from having that inner confrontation in the first place.

Dartellus

I agree with you. The Moon may signify hiding the feelings yes; recognizing them internally, but externally denying them in some way. But the 8 of Cups, I'd go more with the notion that the person doesn't even recognize that they have the feelings; escaping from having that inner confrontation in the first place.

Hi summeryjoy!

yeah, i see the 8 cups in that way as well. Maybe the person that the card is talking about is even scared/afraid to find this kind of feelings.

Thanks for the insights!