Shhh, don't tell anyone...

ravenest

If that is the case, may I please have your femurs for a trumpet, your vertebrae for a necklace and the top of your skull for a chalice?

Thank you :)

[ A friend of mine who is VERY tall was telling me how she got a bit shocked by a Lama she met. He looked her up and down and said "Ohh nice long legs you have." She asked him why he was looking at her legs, isn't he a monk and renounced things like that?

"Oh no," he said, "Not like that, excuse me ... but good for trumpet." :laugh: ]

Asbestos Mango

If that is the case, may I please have your femurs for a trumpet, your vertebrae for a necklace and the top of your skull for a chalice?

Thank you :)

You're welcome.;)

Actually, I'm thinking about seeing if I can locate a Tantric Buddhist temple and see if I can arrange for them to, ah, take custody of my mortal remains after I'm done with them so that they can leave the meat to be eaten by critters, then when they're done use my bones to make malas and assorted ritual items.

They really make trumpets out of femurs?

LadyMedusa

Asbestos Mango you might look into "green" or natural cemetaries. Perhaps that would fit into your wishes. The idea is is a biodegradable box and and unembalmed person, thus giving your remains to the soil in a most basic form.

Hemera

moderator note

Please stay on topic which is black river rocks from the Dollar store and natural rocks for meditation. Save femurs for trumpets for another thread }) :D

stonesatiety

I wonder if dollar stores in Tibet sell human femurs for trumpets next to their black river rocks?! ha! I've spent many happy hours digging through bins and bags of stones at such places. A stone is a bone from the earth, after all, whether crystal or homogenized rock. And think about what happens when you tap a rock. The vibration goes right through it. All this vibrating we've been doing here as humans--and other species who thought they were the best thing since sliced bread--was felt and stored within the earth. Incredible!

Rocks are as full of surprises as crystals and minerals. A palm-sized red desert stone that came back from a walk with me loves to soak up discordant energy like a sponge. Everybody who has held it loves it! I always laugh. It wanted to lie next to my pup when he wasn't feeling good a few months ago and Sully usually lay with his head near or touching the stone. I've slept with the stone many a night, letting it absorb my discomfort.

I talked with my stones as I explored healing and asked that they clear and remove energy--balancing it in place or sending it where it belongs--rather than aborbing it. For the most part that's how we work. However, when I asked the red stone it said that's what it likes to do! It's strong and stable, so absorbing just about any discordant energy is a fun game for it. Different strokes for different folks.

Just this evening I picked up a smooth black stone that also came back from a walk. It feels so smooth and soothing, yet one side has plenty of indentations. I was looking at it and noticed two points of silver shining in one side! Looks like two eyes. ha! The only cost with these was paying attention.

KristinCali

I saw a hot stone massage kit in Barnes & Noble that had black river rocks. I didn't buy it because I figured they were painted or bogus rocks. Now I may reconsider!