Crystals for sleep and a quiet mind?

Hemera

Sodalite

I was reading about sodalite the other day and looks like it is recommended for restful sleep by several authors. Crystal Bible by Cassandra Eason says "If you are having trouble with sleeping place a sodalite under your pillow to encourage restful sleep." I did a quick search and found two websites saying more or less the same so maybe that would be worth a try.

Labhraín

Maybe you need a good routine before bed, a winding down routine such as hot tea and then a hot bath? Maybe some meditation?
Overstimulating your mind during the day can make you crazy at night, especially if you spend a lot of hours on one task, then you will end up dreaming about doing that task.

I will try that - creating a routine, in conjunction with a crystal, stone or two.

Labhraín

I was reading about sodalite the other day and looks like it is recommended for restful sleep by several authors. Crystal Bible by Cassandra Eason says "If you are having trouble with sleeping place a sodalite under your pillow to encourage restful sleep." I did a quick search and found two websites saying more or less the same so maybe that would be worth a try.

I do have a small piece of sodalite. I'll try that one tonight.

Labhraín

I do have a small piece of sodalite. I'll try that one tonight.

Just found my small piece of sodalite (small tumbled stone) - somehow, it split in half. :( I guess I can still use it, though.

Kristyjnh

I have the same problems with sleeping. My brain won't shut up when I'm trying to fall asleep, and I dream too much (which makes it hard to get up in the morning). I've been looking for a way to inhibit dreaming (especially morning dreaming) for a while now.

I haven't yet found the right crystal for sleeping, but I will try Howlite, I have a heart pendant of it that should work well. I don't like wearing jewelry to bed (save for stud earrings) either, I just put the bracelet or necklace into the underside of my pillowcase and that seems to work fine.

Audelia

In recent years I've suffered from insomnia. Someone once told me to try sleeping with a piece of blue kyanite under my pillow. I tried it once and I have genuinely never looked back. It's such a placid, calming stone. It helps me nod off immediately. Hopefully it might help? There's nothing worse than not being able to get a good night's sleep!

Pam O

This is an awesome site! So happy you posted this link HeatherRose. I am going to buy her book. :) I love Judy Hall's Crystal Bible (1st volume) and her book (featured on her home page) feels like another great one. :) CrystalTiger.com

Another idea: I bought this therapeutic magnet set and I put the back brace, etc, under my pillow. I have been sleeping the night thru now! I bought the set for under my husband's pillow also. He too is now sleeping the night thru.

Magnetic Therapy Set
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GKAZ2M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Blucrescentmoon

Hi

Variscite for deep peaceful sleep and hematite

Heliodor (yellow beryl) hold between thumb and index finger evens everything

Mookaite deep calm

~e-mail address removed by moderator~

Labhraín

I've never tried those last few (variscite, heliodor mookaite), nor have I tried kyanite. I actually don't have any of them so maybe I will order some pieces and see how that works. So far, nothing has had any effect, or at least not much of an effect.

I wore a hematite bracelet to bed and I don't think I noticed much of a difference, so I think I need to keep working through all of these suggestions until I find the right one. Kyanite seems to keep popping up and I think Howlite too, so maybe those will be next on my list.

linnie

it depends on the reason for sleeplessness... I find mangano calcite and blue lace agate to be very gentle, energy caress, type stones that might lullaby you into sleep. many Blessings to you. I hope trouble-free and restful sleep finds you soon. :heart: