Stones for healers

UrbanBramble

So I recently got a job as a caretaker at a group home. The folks I work with run the gamut from traumatic brain injuries to hospice to severe mental health issues to being bed bound. I LOVE it but it can be really draining, the residents need a lot of emotional care and attention. I'm thinking I need a stone pendant and I'm not sure what to use, something that is protective and healing for me as well as maybe having a healing or lightening effect in the home or room that I am in. I have black tourmaline at home but it feels too heavy for the situation and like it almost blocks me off too much. I would love to hear if people have other ideas... I thought about smoky quartz and rose quartz, not sure about those. What do people think?

danieljuk

black stones are great for grounding protection, there is other stones beside tourmaline. smokey quartz for healing protection but maybe rose quartz for the emotional side?

I wear Labradorite all the time after it being suggested by Lotus Padma. I am really sensitive to energies as an empath. It's protective, pretty but also increases your psychic powers and helps in that area during readings. Also Amber, Turquoise and my alternative health practitioner sits on a bed of Amethyst for each client she sees. Just some ideas :)

Smiling

I like the bloodstones as an alternative to the black grounding crystals. It's got a pretty reddish brown color, and works well as a pendant.

celticnoodle

the rose quartz is a lovely and gentle stone. I would have to say it is really my favorite crystal over all. It would help you to calm down after work for sure as it does get rid of negativity that is around you or that you have absorbed. This is a great stone for empaths or anyone who is in need of some nurturing and caring for, as well as helping you extend the same to others too.

however, for you in this situation- I would recommend carrying some clear quartz crystals. This is widely known as the master healer crystal. It will absorb all the negativity you come in contact with and cleanse it automatically. It is a deep soul cleanser and will keep your whole body in balance--emotionally as well as physically and mentally too! A fantastic stone to keep all the chakras in balance! This stone is really the number one stone that should be in everyone's collection. It even cleanses other stones when it is kept near them! Why wouldn't everyone want this in their collection? :)

I don't know much about many crystals, honestly. But, I do know plenty about the rose quartz (my fave) and about the clear quartz, which I own plenty of as well (and is one of my best friends favorite crystal). I also know as a result of using these crystals and from my friends experiences that this is the crystal for you in this situation. Yes, I would have to highly recommend the clear quartz. Perhaps getting a few of them to use. Better yet, get one that you can put on a chain and wear around your neck as well as a few to just carry in your pocket. It will keep you in top form!

PrincessPaulina

Great suggestions so far!

I immediately thought "Labradorite" upon reading your post!

How about a green-colored stone, for healing & healers -- Aventurine is one of my faves, an all-around good luck crystal :)
Other options could be Jade, Moss-Agate, green Tourmaline.

I really like the Amethyst & clear Quartz suggestions, and also wear a pendant with a clear Crystal point on most days.

One thing to consider is that you may need to cleanse/recharge your stones) more often, given your demanding work environment.
In my experience, the translucent Quartz types need most cleansing (such as Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz & Amethyst).
Maybe a good idea to eventually get more than one pendant, and rotate them?
Don't mean to be an enabler.. :)

Herkimer Diamonds amplify the energy of any other stones they are with, and are self-cleaning.
Another self-cleaning choice is Tiger Eye, it also has grounding/protecting qualities -- I'd go with Yellow or Blue.

Curious on what you decide. :)

Onion Budgie

Yes to the rose quartz! :)

I'd also suggest jasper (it's a great healing stone), as well as sunstone for its positive and warm energies.

You're spoiled for choice with all these suggestions. :D

Smiling

If you can't choose just one (you do have great suggestions here, as Onion Budgie said!), another option would be to have someone create a pendant combining 2 or 3 crystals that you gravitate towards. They can be quite beautiful when combined. If you check your local new age store, they may have somebody they can refer you to.

I like to make sure the backs are not covered, too.

Best wishes to you with your work!

UrbanBramble

I do have a couple of quartz crystals, I'll start bringing them in with me. I do love quartz and I use it for everything, especially for kind of enhancing the vibration of anything else I'm using, including herbs.

I think I'm being drawn to green healing / heart chakra stones and am going to look at green tourmaline, jade and labradorite and see what calls to me most.

Jasper also sounds perfect but is there a specific jasper I should think about using? There are so many!

I'll keep you all updated. I also love the idea of combining several on a pendant.

celticnoodle

I wear a few crystals of mine on a pendant, along with some other 'charms' if you will. Mostly, I have my moldavite, pietersite crystals, along with a Peruvian Lucky bean and an amber charm and also my Miraculous Medal together on the chain. I would love to get more crystals to wear this way.

Do let us know how it works for you! Good luck to you in this.

danieljuk

also Urban Bramble if you can, try and get to a real physical crystal shop. Try out some of the suggestions in the thread and feel and hold them. Do you feel connected or repelled? Some people are so taken by something in the shop or get an instant headache near one! They are really different for each person, despite their properties on each. It's really what you need! Also the shop owners tend to have amazing experience based on their customers feedback. So try them out and ask in the shop.

if you have a pendulum and / or dowsing rods (the rods were a great idea from Briar Rose in another thread), try them out in the shop. It's the one place it's acceptable to dowse in a shop and see what you need. You can also dowse if you are ordering online.

Just some crystal shopping ideas :)