cleansing - serious or silly?

Cleansing crystals - serious or woo-woo?

• Yes, I cleanse my crystals and I've noticed it's made a difference over time

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Yes, I cleanse my crystals, but I've not noticed any difference in how they work

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • No, I don't cleanse my crystals, or only irregularly, and have noticed a difference

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • No, I don't cleanse my crystals, or only irregularly, and haven't noticed any difference

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters

Netzach

I've not voted because I tend not to cleanse my crystals. However, I do have an amethyst among them and that's pretty good for cleaning everything around it.

However, I know for a fact that it is a good idea to clean crystals such as rose quartz if they are in a "working environment". A friend of mine, an osteopath, had a huge chunk of rose quartz on the desk in his consulting room. He didn't clean it - but over the years it absorbed all the nasty vibes that patients were bringing in with them. And one day it just shattered. It was then that someone told him that he should have been cleaning it regularly!

sharpchick

Elven said:
Just another thing - which crystals are harmed by salt and water?

Generally speaking, any stone with a hardness of 5 or less - for example, selenite has a hardness of something like 2.6 and will actually dissolve in water if kept there long enough. I also do not expose any of the calcites to water or salt.

Sherringham

Helvetica,

No, I never overlook what crystals I have 'working'. I keep a record in my BOS of whats doing what and for whom (no I'm not uptight and over organised, but this is important!!!!). The ones that are 'working' I keep in small boxes or pouches, and full moon or new moon (depending on the Spell), they are taken out and 'refreshed' well more 'energised.'

Normally I'm a fairly chaotic laid back,hoarding, muddled etc but when it comes to Magick its different.

When it comes to shoes, clothes and the airing cupboard its AAAAAAARGHHHHHHH!!

Sherringham

Cleansing clothing pens books? possibly because they have been through so many hands and processes. Crystals and stones are natural, well the ones I use for Spell working are, I do have some for decoration too, but mostly no 'feel' from them.
On my general Wishlist I want a tumbler, have a stone I picked up on Eastbourne beach last Lammas, it was within the Circle cast for the Ritual, and it has a hole in it, but I want to see it tumbled, its a camelly colour, with white flecks, and I feel it would be a great pendulum.

skygreen

cleansing serious or silly

Sometimes its serious sometimes it is silly. I have a large list of diffferent methods. My crystals often enjoy sunlight or moonlight but I don't have the particular intention or expectation that it is cleansing. I used water methods when I started out in the early 90s but do not do that now.
I do offer cleansing shakti and with breath if the crystal chooses it. Some do some don't. Mostly now I work with Deva and the crystals as beings
rather than as tools and objects and offer cleansing in the same way I might offer a neck massage or energy or a cup of tea to a fellow human. It is not always accepted and sometimes the stones clear me.
Most crystals are or can be self cleansing. When time is an issue or when the stone has been abused ( dyed ,fried, irradiated injected with plastic etc, many really do want the cleansing process. I work mostly with the shakti ( energy frequency ) that I was given for that purpose but light, toningin and bel work breath and smudging are other techniques That also work.
In some cases the true cleansing is of obstacles between the human and the crystal rather than the crystal needing the cleansing. Other times it is a form of energy and attention. When a stone has been in difficult circumstances ( Stones that were with an individual who worked in a group home for youthful sex offenders) cleansing will seem needed. I do smudge and do general clearings and blessings in my home fairly often and the stones and crystals are included in that. I've done shielding on "witness" stones which are not cleared because they need to project the message of their energy memory .. The shield prevents the energy from effecting those who must work around it without altering the message for those who need it ( stones from Dachau, at a Holocaust Museum as an example)

Peggy Jentoft

SilverCloudedWolf

I cleanse mine when I first get them for which I use a bed of sea salt but after that it's as and when I feel they need it and I use a bell for this. I also keep a small dish of sea salt out to cleanse a room.

Silver

catlin

I usually cleanse my crystals in a bed of Hematite and recharge them among some clear rock quartz.

When I started using crystals regularly, I did not think about cleansing or charging them at all, since I thought wearing them is enough, but then I found out that the Hawk Eye ring I wore during ritual work started to crack (nope, I did not broke it by accident) so I started considering to decharge it. I also brought the ring to a man who is an expert in gemstones and also into energy work and he told me to cleanse and re-charge my rings with crystals and other crystals I am working with, regularly.

TemperanceAngel

Hello :)
I charge mine as opposed to cleansing them (although it cleanses them too!!) via the moon (full) and sunlight.
The feel loads better, it's kinda like activating them.
In my healing work I have smudged crystals if they have been used on someone and I want to re-use them for my next client, so they don't pick up the last persons energy.

Wandlimb

I just clean mine if they feel like they need it. I don't wash them or use sun/moon/salt - I prefer to just concentrate on them and visualise the cleaning process instead. That might sound daft (did I hear a snicker at the back? :) ) but it does help. I got a sodalite for something once and if I concentrated on it it seemed like the inside was all grey and funny. So I 'cleaned' it out over the sink visualising all the bad stuff going down it and afterwards it felt much better, the inside had 'gone' back to blue and it was fine for using. Not all of them need it - think it depends where I get them from, catalogue orders are usually cleaner than stuff from my local shop.

Guess that wouldn't work for everyone, but it does for me. Just my tuppenceworth.

sagewriter

i use a paint brush to wipe off any dust. then i light some sage and use my singing bowl to cleanse them. i feel a difference, it seems to make them more awake. i can always tell which ones haven't been done for a while! like when i went to a museum where they had a whole room full of crystals, they were all old and sleepy, i just wanted to dust them and wake them up! hehe, i'm so weird!