The Chrysalis Tarot (New Upcoming U.S. Games deck)

weaver

ETA; after seeing the Minors I have a feeling it is slightly Greenwood influenced. That 7 of Spirals, the Celtic Owl, Herne the Hunter, Greenman, Storyteller. The artist has seen and loved Chesca Potter's art.

I agree, Le Fanu. The first thing that crossed my mind while looking at these cards was that the Greenwood, at long last, might very well have a worthy successor. Honestly, based upon the Chrysalis Tarot cards I have seen, I may like this deck better than the currently impossible to find or crazily priced Greenwood Tarot.

I am truly looking forward to the publication of this deck.

Chiriku

The artist is very adept and the colors are appealing, but from what I've seen so far, it's too "not my taste," which includes the usual flying things (butterflies, etc.), pretty maidens with flowing locks, floweryiness...just too "prettyfied" altogether.

I am drawn to beauty; I am turned off by pretty.

Aurora369

Looks like a very interesting deck. Will have to wait and find out when this deck is due out.

Bhavana

gorgeous. I don't care for the overly new age themes either, but this one I'd buy simply for the beautiful art. Does anyone know what the plans are with borders? It could easily be ruined by an overly wide and ornate border, making the images too small and giving all the cards that blah sameness that overdone borders seem to do..

Aurora369

It would be nice if it were done without borders, as the artwork is truly beautiful.

tarot heart

This deck reminds me of all the Ciro Marchetti decks. The artwork is beautiful, but I suspect they look better on screen and wonder if much will be lost in hand. And yes, what about borders?

MagsStardustBlack

Incredably beautiful and moving art work, i love the name as i have a natural afinity toward butterflies as they remind me of my daughter. The images simply dance and shift in colour and light. Thank you High Priestess for discovering and sharing :.)))

Is the artist on AT? If not, someone should FB her incase she would like to share the creative process with us :.)))

Slightly unsure about the 'scrolls - mirrors - ect..' But lovely artwork all the same - hope no borders though.

Magsx

HighPriestess

I have a feeling they might be putting keywords on the cards, which to me implies borders, but at this point, it's impossible to tell.

Chronata

Uh oh...

Another deck I absolutely MUST HAVE.

And it looks like it can be read as an oracle as well as a tarot. Sweet.

It's like someone picked my brain and made another deck just for me!!!

(I already have been given a greeting card with the Ravens on it...and I can attest that the art is as gorgeous in and as it is on screen!)

desertrat

I've had my eye on this one for a few months. I'm all about the pretty. :p

I wish they would post the release date. :(