Nine Lives Tarot and updated guide book

frejasphere

Greetings AT people and Tarot lovers :)
... allow me to introduce Nine Lives Tarot: my first self-published, fully illustrated Tarot deck :)

8 months have passed since Nine Lives Tarot arrived in physical form; without doubt it's been a fascinating and humbling experience to see my 'creative baby' take its first steps out into the big wide world ...

Nine Lives Tarot largely follows the RWS format - though the artwork incorporates my own personal symbolism and artistic style. It is hard to pinpoint inspiration for something as large as a Tarot deck... to me, life, people around me, and the Tarot itself (and what it means to me) - all played a vital role in creating the deck. The creative journey gave me the opportunity to gain a deeper insight into the Tarot; it allowed me to draw on 20 odd years of using and reading cards, while meeting and getting to know each card on a whole new level.

My hope, is that the creative inspiration and thought behind the artwork can encourage a unique experience and journey for each person who uses the deck :)

I have talked about this deck in the deck creation forum ... and now, with the newly updated guide book, it seemed like a good time to mention it here as well...

Initially, the decks were sent out into the world with a fold-out A4 size LWB, including short descriptive meanings for each card. Despite this first LWB being 'simple', a lot of thought went into the writing process... I had spent over 3 years creating the artwork, and my aim with the descriptive meanings was to rely on the voice of each card to speak words of encouragement, advice or warning to the reader :) A few months down the track (after publishing) it became apparent to me, that the fold-out LWB needed something more ...

So, in May this year I put together a booklet, which is now printed (in full colour) and comes with the deck. It is a cute little thing, not a book by any means, but... it does have pages (24) and as a pocket size guide, it can be a handy introduction to each card and the deck as a whole. The card descriptions are mostly the same as the original LWB, with a few minor alterations.

On a side-line I am also working on a 'visual guide' - detailed pen and ink drawings, which in time I plan to put together as a graphic novel telling stories about the characters in the cards. This is a slow project (life has a way of running away into busy land), yet it is thoroughly enjoyable, and even if it takes time, I hope to one day complete it as a free-standing extension/inspiration to Nine Lives Tarot :)

If you have Nine Lives Tarot and would like a PDF copy of the new booklet, please PM me and I will email it to you :) If you have feedback on using the deck, I would love to hear :angel:

Listing on Aeclectic Tarot: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/nine-lives-tarot/
Nine Lives Tarot website: http://www.ninelivestarot.com.au/
My Blog: http://www.ninelivestarot.com.au/blog/

Thank you for reading :)
Annette

Citrin

I really like that Moon card! :) Good job!

WhiteWolfy

I think this deck has a vibrancy about it that i'm really drawn to and i love your concept in the lwb, the "I am" affirmations/explanations for the cards. This deck is definitely on my wishlist. Great job Annette :)

silverwinter

It seems to me a really pretty deck! :)

frejasphere

I really like that Moon card! :) Good job!

Thank you Citrin :) I'm really glad you like the Moon, especially as it wanders away from some of the more traditional RWS depictions. In the land of illusions, dreams and partial madness, I like to think of the Moon more as a guide ... :)

I think this deck has a vibrancy about it that i'm really drawn to and i love your concept in the lwb, the "I am" affirmations/explanations for the cards. This deck is definitely on my wishlist. Great job Annette :)

Thank you WhiteWolfy, that's kind of you to say and lovely to hear :) and I'm glad you like the card explanations too :)

It seems to me a really pretty deck! :)

Ohh... thank you silverwinter :)

littlethings

I really like your deck. It's now on my wish list, too. :)

Citrin

Oh I must add that I really like your blog from what I've read. :) I'm gonna bookmark it. I love that you write about other things than just "to me this card means......", there are too many of those blogs lol.

frejasphere

I really like your deck. It's now on my wish list, too. :)
Thank you littlethings, it feels ever so special to be on someone's wish list :) I'm glad you like the deck :)

frejasphere

Oh I must add that I really like your blog from what I've read. :) I'm gonna bookmark it. I love that you write about other things than just "to me this card means......", there are too many of those blogs lol.
Oh thank you so much Citrin :) that's really nice to hear!
*bows as gracefully as she can* [emoji4] :)