For those familiar with fairies

ana luisa

I need some input on how to deal with "fairy talk". I never owned a fairy deck before because for some reason, they whole concept never really appealed to me. Then, the Victorian Fairy came by and I caved. It is a phenomenal achievement, artwise, and I truly believe there are tons of messages hidden in those forests. However, I have been having the hardest time communicating with these fellows. They are not blunt AT ALL. They are sweet but so enigmatic. It almost feels like they are not giving you answers but riddles. Catching the answer has been almost as hard as catching a flea :D Anyone has anything to say about the way they communicate in this deck or elsewhere ?
ANY feedback will be very welcome !! :)

ravynangel

deleted :)

Lunaea

Ask the cards themselves! A lot of people do a reading when they get a new deck, asking the cards what kind of relationship they offer, or what they ask of the reader, etc. Report back if you do! :)

ana luisa

Thank you Ravynagel and Lunaea for your ideas! Ravynangel, nature is NOT a part of my daily life simply because I live in a superpopulated city. Walking in the woods used to be feasible but now, with the wave of mugging and killing, it is way too risky. I could put flowers around the house. In fact, I have a collection of African violets but as I said before, this relationship with fairies is quite new. I do respect them and actually believe in them but their speaking methods are quite hard to grasp...
Lunaea, I did the interview reading and still, the messages were almost like coming in tongues. I can tell they are quite uplifting and optimistic but, how can I put it, shy. I think that's the word. Like a child who wants to tell you stuff but runs away after starting a sentence.
Oh, well, I hope with time they'll open up a bit more :)

Le Fanu

Living in foreign climes, far from the enchanted woods of my childhood, I find that imagination works better than the reality of having a real woods nearby (which would probably have an unsightly motorway humming over the brow anyway).

It's what I've always felt with the Greenwood Tarot - a sort of virtual, 78-slice primeval forest at hand. I think the Greenwood is the deck that gets the nearest to the feeling of a personal, miniature wood nearby, but seeking the atmosphere of fairy decks could work very much in line with this way of thinking.

You don't have to have woods nearby, ana. I always remember an interview with an actress who had moved from her native homeland and lived years in Paris and said that living in Paris enabled her to dream more intensely about her homeland.

ravynangel

Thank you Ravynagel and Lunaea for your ideas! Ravynangel, nature is NOT a part of my daily life simply because I live in a superpopulated city. Walking in the woods used to be feasible but now, with the wave of mugging and killing, it is way too risky. I could put flowers around the house. In fact, I have a collection of African violets but as I said before, this relationship with fairies is quite new. I do respect them and actually believe in them but their speaking methods are quite hard to grasp...
Lunaea, I did the interview reading and still, the messages were almost like coming in tongues. I can tell they are quite uplifting and optimistic but, how can I put it, shy. I think that's the word. Like a child who wants to tell you stuff but runs away after starting a sentence.
Oh, well, I hope with time they'll open up a bit more :)
deleted :)

thirdlibra

My faeries require ritual. Incense and jasmine earl grey tea are ABSOLUTE musts, but the showier I get for them, the clearer they speak.

feynrir

Ana luisa, your description of a fairy deck is so spot on I just had to share my experience here :D

The first deck I ever really "got" (as in, began to actually connect with readings and understand them well) was my Tarot of the Hidden Realm. That, Shadowscapes, Joie de Vivre...all these decks hold a bit of knowledge behind the face that you can only really hear in a more subdued environment. And I feel like the decks do reveal more when you stay respectful and above all, curious. The decks themselves give this off and work well when you express it back to them.

I used to be embarrassed that I liked fairy decks so much, but you described exactly why I find them awesome tools to read with. They're a lot of fun and the Joie de Vivre especially is great at not taking things too seriously--that's my kind of deck :D