Inner Child cards

Simple

Who has this deck? How is it? I looked at the image on AT and they looked blurry but there were better pictures on google and they seemed to have clear meaning (with connections to fairy tales). Anybody wants to share their experiences with this deck? I'm considering buying it.
I have Sun and Moon, not easy connection for me, I bought the deck for the 2 of Cups card, lol.

rwcarter

I have the deck (actually two different printings of it). I haven't used it though as the art itself doesn't speak that much to me despite the theme and the large cards.

Rodney

kell

I haven't had these cards for a long time, only a couple of months. I find the artwork to be soothing, simplistic (I mean that in a positive way) and innocent, as if they really were intended to illustrate children's fairy tales.
I use these for single daily card draws, or one card readings to queries. I adored fairy tales as a child, so the theme is something I resonate with. Seems to speak accurately to what my motivations and issues might be.
Not sure how these would be for larger spreads.
If you are at all fascinated with fairy and folk tales, I would highly recommend!

MaileSkye

I love this deck. I've had it for many years, and have had good luck with it. It was my second tarot deck, and was one of my go-to decks for many years.

That said, I seem to primarily use it for very small readings (1-3 cards). It works very well with people who are timid about the concept of tarot, due to the bright colors and recognizable fairy tale characters.

The size of the cards make them a bit difficult to work with, and often I will only work with the majors. It hasn't been a go-to deck for quite a while, but I still recommend it.

wrenkincaid

I held and admired the lovely artwork in this deck. The cards are gigantic (which does fit the theme of working with the inner child, so that wasn't a major issue). BUT...The cardstock was so thin that I would have ruined the deck with any use at all. It was so thin, I would classify it more as construction paper than cardstock. I couldn't justify purchasing them, because I didn't feel like I could shuffle them without damaging them. Such a pretty deck, but unusable for me. If the cardstock were better, it would definitely be part of my collection!

Nemia

My cards are not that thin. Not the best cardstock in the world but certainly not that flimsy. Must be a different edition - mine were bought many years ago.

I trimmed the borders off some weeks ago but they're still huge.

Some cards are less successful than the rest but I had good readings with these cards.

I mentioned this already in another thread about these cards, but here it is again: they're also very nice for children just to look at. I used these cards for one of my daughters, an especially sensitive child, when she was upset or sad or hurt. I gave her the cards, let her sit in a quiet corner and asked her to return to me with one or two cards she liked most today. Then we talked about why she likes the card today, and invented a little story.

She loves the World card of this deck until today and feels it's "hers".

She always came back with the cards she picked, much happier and relaxed. There is simply so much optimism, warmth and friendliness in those cards. Even the cards that are often feared lose their teeth in this deck.

And there are times when this is the message we need. Not always, but there are situations when we need this uplifting perspective.

I embroidered a lovely silk bag for this deck with the suit symbols, I loved it so much and I still do. In spite of the Santa Claus and his weird hand which nearly ruined the deck for me ;-)

MaileSkye

My cardstock is not bad either. But I bought my cards in the 90's, before they released an updated version.

I love the idea of using these cards for children. They remind me so much of the art I read in books when I was young, and I'm sure I would have loved them as a kid.

Symphony

I have the second edition and the card stock is terrible, it does feel like paper and with the cards being so big I think it makes them feel more fragile.

I've only looked through these cards, done a very careful shuffle and a three card reading and I do like them. The images are beautiful and aren't blurred (I was worried they'd be dull and blurred after seeing some images). I think it's a good deck to add to a collection and for occasional use, but I'm not sure if it's a deck for every day readings.