Ancient Italian Tarot

faunabay

Aerin said:
Well, even better would be a little collection of mini- old Italian decks with a cute little book to go with them. In one box.

Aerin
ooooooh! I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat!!! :laugh:

sapienza

Me too. If only....

Le Fanu

sapienza said:
I'll tell you what I would definitely buy if one existed though.....a MINI ANCIENT ITALIAN :D Can you imagine? How fabulous would that be? Ric.....are you listening.....we'd all buy it, I'd even buy a couple. Oh well, I guess a girl can dream.

Well you keep asking not to be enabled and then laying yourself open to corruption...

There is a mini Soprafino available at Alida store. It is a mini of the Gummpenberg /LoS Classical tarot and comes in a little box with a ribbon.

Just perfect for the doll's house...

sapienza

Oh Le Fanu, I'm going to want it aren't I? It's already running around it my mind....I definitely need help :)

I'm going away for a few days and will have no internet access. I think this is a good thing. Hanging around here is not helpful for my finances :laugh: Mind you, I'm not quite so fond of the Classical/Soprafino....I still think they all look grumpy. No, I'll just dream of the day the Ancient Italian mini is released. And speaking of the Ancient Italian....it's the one deck I'm going to take away with me....just it and nothing else.....it's THAT good :D

faunabay

Well I just broken down and ordered both the Tarot of the Master and the Ancient Italian!!! }) :p })

SolSionnach

faunabay said:
Well I just broken down and ordered both the Tarot of the Master and the Ancient Italian!!! }) :p })
Yay!
You'll love them both (the ToM is much better trimmed, IMO).

faunabay

I know!! :D I'm excited to get them.

I do like some decks much better trimmed. I'll have to see what I think about the Tarot of the Master. :)

Le Fanu

sravana said:
You'll love them both (the ToM is much better trimmed, IMO).

I second that. I trimmed mine and I keep going back to it again and again. I don't read with the deck as much as I thought I would. But I love looking at the trimmed version (and it isn't just to admire my handiwork with the scissors.)

It is a deck from the historical period before borders were invented, so it seems silly to have them on :D

Queen of Pentacle

sapienza said:
ENOUGH!!!!! ....

I'll tell you what I would definitely buy if one existed though.....a MINI ANCIENT ITALIAN :D Can you imagine? How fabulous would that be? Ric.....are you listening.....we'd all buy it, I'd even buy a couple. Oh well, I guess a girl can dream.

Or a Mini Classical from Scarabeo... but without the left border!
I too can dream, can't I

faunabay

I got my Tarot of the Master today!! I really like the artwork and I can see what you mean about it being a good deck to trim. I'm going to play with it a bit and make sure, but I can see myself trimming already. :)

The only thing is.....boy, does it stink!! Smelly! Smelly! Am going to have to do something about that pretty quickly.

But.......I ordered the Ancient Italian from the same place. They supposedly shipped together. What I got instead of the Ancient Italian is the Etteilla Book of Thoth. hmmmm........

Is this a message? LOL Should I not be getting the Ancient Italian??? Should I keep the Book of Thoth?? The seller listed it as the same price, so I wouldn't be cheating him out of anything. But do I really want the Book of Thoth?? :confused: LOL