It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #4

Cocobird55

I'm very tempted by the Silver Witchcraft. Any advice?

swedishfish612

Robert Place Vampires...should I or shouldn't I? Or is there another vampire deck I should look at instead? I have Vampires of the Eternal Night only.

Viridian

Crystal visions tarot is on my iPad. I love the images and the responses I get from it. I would like to have it with me in person as a paper deck but I still am on the fence for some reason....perhaps because it would be my first tarot deck? (I have 2 oracle decks but no tarot). Enable me please?

I think this would be a great first deck especially if you already have a connection to it.

Viridian

Robert Place Vampires...should I or shouldn't I? Or is there another vampire deck I should look at instead? I have Vampires of the Eternal Night only.

The artwork is beautiful & the production is high quality. The book is fantastic and packed with interesting information. It has lots of references to Bram Stoker's Dracula as well as other authors and artists from that time period like Byron & Shelley. Nosferatu makes some appearances too.

I love it for those reasons but I'm not so sure about actually reading with it.

Rosewater

I wouldn't quite call it "tasteless, gormless and hideous," or even "bad taste bling." It's actually nice, in its own garish way.

It reminds me of a Jamaican guy I used to date. He had his front teeth capped in gold, wore gold chains as thick as my arm, see-through shirts, and had his hair cut in the shape of a Nike swoosh. Improbably --and inconceivably-- enough, he didn't just get away with all that: he rocked it! That's the Illuminati for you... :)

Sold! Since I can't have that guy, I'll take the Illuminati deck.

Emily

Illuminati Tarot

I'd also be happy to enable the Illuminati, I had this deck first as an app and used it daily for a good few weeks then decided to order the deck and book set. I wasn't disappointed, I also don't find it garish, it is busy, colourful, and very pretty usually I don't read well with pretty decks but this is the exception - it reads very well. It's not a fluffy deck despite its appearance. I once described the Morgan Greer as being like an iron fist inside a velvet glove because of the readings it would give and the Illuminati is the same. Also the size and gilded edges are just right for me. :)

rylla

The artwork is beautiful & the production is high quality.

My thoughts too. Very nicely done. Put together with care and attention to details (usually I don't care about this, but altogether it makes a difference). It is very easy to read with it, as it follow RWS system I believe, just you have a bonus of reading with a prettier deck.

Farzon

I´m seriously thinking about buying one of Ciro Marchettis Decks, hte Legacy of the Divine, most probably. They are so colourful and full of fantasy, but oh... sooooo cheesy!

Will someone enable me?

ana luisa

I´m seriously thinking about buying one of Ciro Marchettis Decks, hte Legacy of the Divine, most probably. They are so colourful and full of fantasy, but oh... sooooo cheesy!

Will someone enable me?

I have his Gilded, Legacy of the Divine and Oracle of Visions. They all read REALLY well. I am curious, though. If you find the art cheesy, what's making you lean towards buying them ?
In my experience, the LD is better for reading than the Gilded. It has no borders which, to me is a huge plus. The price of the deck is also VERY affordable. And, in the end, the flamboyance of Ciro does not come in the way of the clarity of reading, if that's what you fear. Besides, there are some nice quirks for some cards which has helped me a lot. One that comes to mind is the 8 of Pentacles:
https://www.google.com.br/search?q=...ve-tuesday-on-thursday-eight-of.html;829;1368

The man here is not working with a pentacle. He is considering alternatives (three pentacles are still just projects on paper). And he is reading something. I've lost count of the times I got this card for projects or reaction to letters/ e-mails. :)
Interested to know if any member has something to add . Good luck with whatever choice you make. BTW, of all three the Oracle of Visions is the best.