Your Favorite Pocket Tarot deck

BrownBear

My hands are small, and even when I trim large decks, they often don't fit in my hands.

I have the pocket Universal Waite, but the images are a little uninspiring. I'd love to hear ideas for other pocket decks.

What's your favorite pocket, poker-sized, or mini deck?

Nemia

My trimmed pocked sized Thoth. It's beautiful, reliable, a wonderful deck. I carry it with me most of the time.

The trimmed Lo Scarabeo also turned out a very nice size but there are some cards I don't really like (bikini adverts without bikinis*), but apart from those, it's a nice deck for carrying around.

And a new favorite: the pocket sized Distant Past. Great size, great card stock, lovely colours and a non-threatening reading deck that I like much more than I expected. Win-win.

My Harmonious mini is also lovely but a tad too small for my old eyes. Should have bought the regular size and trimmed it. But it's another beautiful deck for easy readings on the go.

* I'm absolutely no prude but I dislike seeing the female body used as mere decoration or eye-catcher.

BrownBear

My trimmed pocked sized Thoth. It's beautiful, reliable, a wonderful deck. I carry it with me most of the time.

The trimmed Lo Scarabeo also turned out a very nice size but there are some cards I don't really like (bikini adverts without bikinis*), but apart from those, it's a nice deck for carrying around.

And a new favorite: the pocket sized Distant Past. Great size, great card stock, lovely colours and a non-threatening reading deck that I like much more than I expected. Win-win.

My Harmonious mini is also lovely but a tad too small for my old eyes. Should have bought the regular size and trimmed it. But it's another beautiful deck for easy readings on the go.

* I'm absolutely no prude but I dislike seeing the female body used as mere decoration or eye-catcher.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have the Harmonious in my cart at Amazon, but my eyes are old, too.

I've never seen The Distant Past, but it looks great. I might have to pick that one up.

velvetina

I also possess a trimmed pocket Thoth which lives in my handbag for those on-the-hop readings.

And in October (just October!) I have the Hallowe'en Tarot in a tin, which is lovely.

BrownBear

I also possess a trimmed pocket Thoth which lives in my handbag for those on-the-hop readings.

And in October (just October!) I have the Hallowe'en Tarot in a tin, which is lovely.
Did you trim the pocket Thoth? Or trim the full sized deck to pocket size?

I've been looking at the Halloween deck, but I'm not sure how much use it would get.

rif

I have a pocket Rider Waite deck, and have used it a lot. I wish I had a pocket Albano Waite, but the RWS has given me a lot of good readings.

I've used my pocket Thoth in the past and liked it.

I've lately been carrying either my mini Manga Tarot or Marseilles Tarot, both from Lo Scarabeo. Both are a nice, small size, and I wanted the smaller size for taking to my work.

Out of all these, I'd recommend the first. I think any of the others are for a more special use case, if you want to work with that particular deck. I like the compact minis, but I've often used the pocket RWS for quick reads around the house to take less room; I do like the small cards, but they aren't too small.

Le Fanu

Trimmed LoS decks are just perfect as pocket decks. I have the Crystal trimmed and the PCS Centennial one trimmed (LoS). I love the pocket baba ones too. Just the right size. And of course the Thoth.

EmpyreanKnight

When it comes, the Barbara Walker Tarot in a Tin

Darkmage

My miniature RWS that normally lives in my purse had an unfortunate trip through the washing machine and now is under weights for the next couple of days while it dries. :/ Fortunately, I got a brand new spare Sunday morning, so if I can't salvage this one, no problem.

I like it because it's small but the images are still clear. RWS is my go-to deck for public readings.

I also like the Aquarian in the tin as well as Radiant. Tinned Morgan-Greer is awesome, too. I really wish they'd make more decks in playing card/tin size because I also have small hands but I won't trim or mutilate decks. The tins are also sturdier and won't fall apart like tuck boxes will.

I want the Halloween in a tin. Soon...

BrownBear

I've ordered the Distant Past, and the Halloween one is growing on me.

Please keep suggestions coming! .