Anyone like the green Thoth?

Parzival

donnystordock said:
I think that everyone has covered all the great things about it except one. The green was made on a much better stock. They are more durable.Not having the white border makes the Rose Cross larger. To me that means more power. It's the oldest deck I have unfortunately. I do admit that the colors are nicer on the AGM version but it is still a wonderful deck.

Yes, the stock is good. Importantly, the back design includes no white border. This really brings the Cross to full life. And the pale, muted colors are not so bold to the eye, although they are less colorful. It's like a winter Thoth to the other, stronger summer Thoth. Even though it's called the green Thoth. It has a shadowy quality, not a shiny one.

mike gorth

I have the non-tinged deck and I'm glad. I don't like the green at all (lillie knows what I'm talking about :):):)) . I don't really use thoth anymore because I don't connect with it much. If you want a copy of the non-tint, go to borders.com and order it without it. Or call them and order it and specify no green tint.

Mike Gorth

Lillie

Yes Mike, I know :)

But the truth is that you would be hard put to buy a green deck new anymore.

All the decks for sale now seem to be the bright colours and the white borders.
(I don't know about the 'new' printing by 'Urania Verlags')

The older ones are easy to get on ebay.
Get them now! They are 'vintage' and 'rare'! everyone will want one soon!

mike gorth

Lillie said:
They are 'vintage' and 'rare'! everyone will want one soon!

Not me and I'm not so sure I'd buy a used deck that I don't like to sell later. If it was mint condition and you kept if for 50 years in the package and sold it, it'd be worth a lot more.

Mike Gorth

Lillie

Well, 'everyone will want one' was a bit of a joke and an exageration, really.

But I'd buy something if I thought I could sell it for more!

And in 50 years time (if I'm lucky!) my son will be sitting with my corpse and my cards and a bit of paper that tells him how to sell them, where to sell them and how much to expect for each!.

A. I want him to get the best out of the little I leave.
B. I would like the cards to stay in the Tarot community, with people who appreciate them, not just chucked with the rest of the garbage I'm likley to leave!

But I think I will be buried with my greenies! Got to have something to do in the afterlife!

bladeraven

800th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the green tinge Thoth and made a green/gold/red bag to go with it...Love the cards to death...want to married them if I could...but I also like the color green so go figure...

I think it's a personal preference..for me ..green is about Growth and since the Thoth may end up being my shadow deck..it's appropiate the color.

*jumping up and down with joy* OMG OMG ...I just made 800!!!! Yeah!! And the perfect place to make it too!! *Jumping up and down*

Lillie

Congrats on the 800!

Surprisingly I do not like the color green! (except for grass and leaves and stuff)
Weird, eh?

bladeraven

I need to do a search on the meaning of green and why people react to it...funny thing...up till this year..I hated the green...but after that..I had to have green everything..........and now.......My Thothie is green...

bladeraven

Life and Renewal: Green is life. Abundant in nature, green signifies growth, renewal, health, and environment. On the flip side, green is jealousy or envy (green-eyed monster) and inexperience.

Nature of Green: Green is a restful color with some of the same calming attributes of blue. Like blue, time moves faster in a green room.

Culture of Green: Green is the national color of Ireland and is strongly associated with that country. Green also has close associations with Islam. Because of all the green in nature the color is reminiscent of Spring. Coupled with red it's a Christmas color

Ireland..hmm....Guinness....Ale....Laying on the floor...yeah that's why I like green...plus I'm quarter Irish...*evil laugh*

Lillie

When I get my eyes tested they try different lenses and have me look at 2 lighted panels, one green, one red, and tell them which one is brighter.
Differet lenses make them change!

Maybe some people like or dislike green (and/or red) because they see it as bright or dull because of their eyes.

I always wondered about why different lenses changed how I saw the colours, it seemed odd to me.