Gold box. How gold is it?

Lillie

This question has arisen because of a discussion I was having with someone about these early decks.

I have one of these, but the 'gold' box is really hardly gold. it is sort of metallic, but dull and brassy.
Was it always like this, or has it aged?
Are all of them like this, or are some a really bright and shiney gold?

i have identified 3 varieties of these decks,

Llewellyn, Hong Kong
Llewellyn, USA
Weiser, USA

Mine is Weiser. Are the LLewellyn gold boxes nicer?
If you tell me about yours, tell me which one it is too. (please)

Thanks.

Alta

I have the USA Llewellyn. The 'gold box' is cardboard covered in gold-coloured foil. The gold foil is a bit dimmed with age but still, to my eye, quite nice looking. Sorry, best description I can manage.

Lillie

Thanks, Marion.

Yes, it is difficult. And that is why the question came up in the first place.
I thought they were all the same, but now some one has told me something that implis that some are 'nicer' than others.

It's not that I want another deck, I like mine, even if the gold is not as bright and shiney as some, It's just that I wanted to know, for sure, wether they are all the same or not. Because I have been looking out for one for a friend.

However, unless you had two next to each other in the 'real' world it is very hard to say.
And pictures just do not show it properly! (especially on a computer)

fyreflye

I have both the USA Llewellyn and the Weiser. Not only are the gold boxes alike, but both decks, including their flaws, are identical. Rusty Neon has a Hong Kong Llewellyn; when will he join us to break the tie?;)

Lillie

Where is Rusty? He don't seem to be around for ages.

But I think his Hong Kong is missing it's gold box.

What are the flaws in yours?
I know the missing 8 can be on bothe LLewellyn Hong Kong and LLewellyn USA. (but not always!)
It is not missing on my Weiser deck.
Is it missing on yours?
Or do you just mean the crappy printing?

Also Rusty has a misprinted back but no one else has reported this.

fyreflye

Lillie said:
Where is Rusty? He don't seem to be around for ages.

But I think his Hong Kong is missing it's gold box.

What are the flaws in yours?
I know the missing 8 can be on bothe LLewellyn Hong Kong and LLewellyn USA. (but not always!)
It is not missing on my Weiser deck.
Is it missing on yours?
Or do you just mean the crappy printing?

Also Rusty has a misprinted back but no one else has reported this.

Crappy printing.