Dancers, (cups), so far...

Leo62

They're all lovely, but the 4 and the 5 are particularly atmospheric. Keep going! :)

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks Kay! :)

I can't help but keep going- I'm REALLY supposed to be doing other things, but it's just not happening! the Sidhe won't leave me alone, with their blessed inspiration- well, it would be rude not to...

Blessings,

Em x

Sophie

Dancer Five really speaks to me right now, Em. It's moving, both peaceful and painful, and I love the roses and the rays of sunshine coming through the clouds.

I am curious about the title, though: "where loss resides" - isn't it a bit static for a passage that is by its nature transient? (at least I devoutly hope so!)

Sidhe-Ra

Hi Helvetica- I was actually thinking of you and your situation when I painted this, perhaps it shows? I hope you don't mind.

As for the title, I was trying to convey a pain that is difficult to leave behind- so much that you make it a part of yourself and become reluctant to move on-(not a comment on your situation, by the way). But there are clues to what is there to be found when the pain passes; the growing flowers, one which is still just a bud, the golden toad, symbolic of spiritual growth and knowledge, and something that happened quite by accident- the rain is blowing in a different direction to everything else in the picture. The wind is changing!

Many Blessings,

Em x

Moonboy

hello Sidhe-Ra

I think your work is fantastic. I really enjoy 2 of dancers.

Well done

Sophie

Sidhe-Ra said:
Hi Helvetica- I was actually thinking of you and your situation when I painted this, perhaps it shows? I hope you don't mind.
Of course not. I think real situations lend power to art.

Sidhe-Ra said:
As for the title, I was trying to convey a pain that is difficult to leave behind- so much that you make it a part of yourself and become reluctant to move on-(not a comment on your situation, by the way).
Ok, I see - yes. I have known that state, in the past - almost 15 years ago. I remember it well - the loss and pain become almost a comfort, the last remaining thread to the lost love.

Sidhe-Ra said:
But there are clues to what is there to be found when the pain passes; the growing flowers, one which is still just a bud, the golden toad, symbolic of spiritual growth and knowledge, and something that happened quite by accident- the rain is blowing in a different direction to everything else in the picture. The wind is changing!
Oh, I didn't notice the wind changing! It's very apparent, now I look at it again. And yes - the signs of growth and spiritual discovery - even by accident - jump out of the card.

truelighth

I missed this thread. Only just caught up again. But what wonderful work again!!! I just LOVE the dancers 2 and the dancers 5. Very beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what else will come... you are very talented!