Large Thoth - how to avoid the "greenie" version

buddhagoddess

I am thinking about getting the large thoth but I am trying to figure out which large version available (I seem to be seeing a couple online) is NOT the green version. I know it was printed in Belgium but the websites I am looking at to purchase (amazon, overstock, walmart) don't specify the printing location. Does someone have a large non-greenie version with the box that I could get the ISBN number from (sequence of number under the barcode or perhaps listed separately on the box). I would hate to order it online and then get it to find out it was the greenie version. Thanks!

BG

Miren

Could you check their return policy on tarot decks? I don't have that deck and can't give you the pertinent information, but you might be able to find out without opening the cards from their wrapper (which nullifies the return in some cases). Can you tell immediately from the backs and such, or is it a more subtle difference?

lark

I have a large non-greenie printed in Belgium
ISBN 0-88079-469-0

Chronata

and just so ya know...

this is the isbn for the big greeny one.

ISBN 0-913866-15-6

The number to avoid! :D

McFaire

Ack. I have just received a greenie large Thoth. Yuck. The colors are pale, washed out, as well as being off hue.

My mistake for buying it on eBay (though it was new and sealed)? Or would I have the same result buying it at retail (i.e. Amazon version)?

I noticed a large Swiss on eBay, which supposedly is the non-greenie, but the photos in the listing appear to be greenie.

The standard size Thoth I have is just a USG in-print edition, and the colors are rich and on hue.

Shopping tips? Thanks!

gregory

I haven't seen a NEW greenie in years. Here's the comparison table you might find helpful. I doubt very much if ISBNs will guarantee anything, but the one I have with me here is a greenie: ISBN 0-913866-165-6, as already mentioned. So don't buy that ! But it was only the very early green box ones that had the green cast to them. I LOVE greenies, but I have rather a lot already !

http://www.tarotgarden.com/library/decks/thothtable.php

NB NONE of those currently in print has the three magus cards, so don't get all hopeful ! I'm not sure the large cards ARE in print just now...

McFaire

Thanks gregory. You prefer greenies?

My standard is so beautiful. I was taken aback by the new large pale one.

gregory

There are some Thoths on abe at reasonable prices - you could ask the seller how big the cards are. Beware the USG "Premier" edition - the BOX is big; the cards are not !

I don't PREFER greenies, but I love them, and I still live in hope of finding one as broccoli green as the one I got with a card missing !

McFaire

I don't PREFER greenies, but I love them, and I still live in hope of finding one as broccoli green as the one I got with a card missing !

Hahaha I'll keep my fingers crossed for you