Tarot for Prison Ministries

Falcor

How about International Icon Tarot? I think it wont be considered as nudity...

Carojulie

Most traditional decks have nudity at least on the Star card....

But a non people deck would do maybe ?
Some members suggested Wild Unknow, or Pagan cats, or a dragon decks ; these are great ideas.

I would add the Tarot of Trees, the Orbifold, the Mystical cats, the Animal totem deck, the Animal Wisdom deck, the Tyldwick tarot....

Also, this is not part of yor question, but there are books suggesting activities with tarot cards, either solo activities or group activities, and maybe if you offer tarot work for inmates, you would like to look at some of these books. But maybe you know that already !

Good luck !

TarotCasper

I second Tarot of the Pagan cats. It's a great, straight-forward deck that might be cheerful for them as well. Cuz kitties :)

Also, I don't think Dreaming Way has nudity. That one might be good to read especially with women.

Dogs&Coffee

The Happy Tarot, Wild Unknown, Idiosyncradeck, Animal Totem Tarot, Animal Wisdom Tarot, Delos Tarot (cartoony RWS clone), Housewives Tarot, Zombie Tarot (the lovers card has modest undergarments), and there are many many more.

Silhouette tarot should be re-releasing soon, there's ArCanis on kickstarter, as well as the Brady tarot releasing late 2017, Revelations is no nudity unless you count shirtless mer-men, and I believe both the 78 tarot Nautical and Carnival are no-nudity.

Raven's prophecy is a nice deck, but dark. Any lenormand deck should be pretty safe (just check the man and woman cards).

I haven't used it yet, but shadowscapes maybe?? And any deck suited for a child under 13 (i.e. color your own deck?)

Prisma Visions should also be ok if memory serves...

It just depends on what they have to spend, I suppose.

MissChiff

Most Marseille decks could be used....

Grizabella

I haven't read all the posts, but I've been involved with prisoners a lot and the prisons don't allow the inmates to have Tarot cards, the reason being that it's a "hussle" that prisoners can capitalize on. It can be held over the heads of other prisoners who get readings and can't pay for them so the prisons consider it a way of prisoners enslaving other prison for gain.

Of course, when having actual money wasn't allowed, then cigarettes become "money" to prisoners. When cigarettes and tobacco were taken away, the prisoners start using commissary items as barter instead of money.

You might want to double-check with somebody before taking the first person's word for it. Prisoners are allowed poker decks, but they're not supposed to bet. I'm sure they do anyway, but the poker decks seem to be alright in most prisons. Those and dominoes. Tarot is a "no" unless they've decided it's a religious belief.

Stovall18

Tarot in Prison

Yes I know someone who last week was admitted into Rockville,IN women's prison she listed Wicca as her religious beliefs and she was informed she could have 1tarot deck and a book of shadows. Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions!

MadeiraDarling

I don't think the Paulina contains any nudity.

MadeiraDarling

The Happy Tarot, Wild Unknown, Idiosyncradeck, Animal Totem Tarot, Animal Wisdom Tarot, Delos Tarot (cartoony RWS clone), Housewives Tarot, Zombie Tarot (the lovers card has modest undergarments), and there are many many more.

Silhouette tarot should be re-releasing soon, there's ArCanis on kickstarter, as well as the Brady tarot releasing late 2017, Revelations is no nudity unless you count shirtless mer-men, and I believe both the 78 tarot Nautical and Carnival are no-nudity.

Raven's prophecy is a nice deck, but dark. Any lenormand deck should be pretty safe (just check the man and woman cards).

I haven't used it yet, but shadowscapes maybe?? And any deck suited for a child under 13 (i.e. color your own deck?)

Prisma Visions should also be ok if memory serves...

It just depends on what they have to spend, I suppose.
The happy tarot does have some nudity on the judgement card but it's not "sexy nudity"