Death as someone's fear about you.

coolio120

I just did a 1 card spread about a love interest's fear towards me.

The exact question was "What does **** fear about ***(me)". I drew the death card. Could someone explain to me other meanings this card could have?

A little bit of a background between our relationship. I am very interested in this guy, and he has rejected me on multiple occasions, but still continues to talk to me, and even asked to hang out with me (when he knew I had feelings for him). He is a pisces and emotional, and I know he doesn't do things to hurt me, or to be an asshole. We had an intense discussion today and he basically said that he had no feelings towards me. I accept it and although I am sad, I am not devastated.

I wanted to know what he feared about me, as my intuition keeps telling me that he is being reluctant.

This is totally not me looking for some sort of sign of hope, by the way. I am genuinley curious as to what this card could represent in this certain situation. I am not very good with the Tarot yet, but this card would signify to me the end of something. The end of a situation that you can never go back to, and the rise of something new (indicated by the sun). I'm really trying to figure out how this would relate to my situation, my feelings for him, and his feelings for me.

Thank you

IndigoWaves

He could be afraid that his rejection of your interest will cause you severe depression, especially if he's observed such tendencies already. (Even if you wear a happy face around him, it may not be as effective as you think.) He might be staying friendly/involved for that reason, too.

coolio120

He could be afraid that his rejection of your interest will cause you severe depression, especially if he's observed such tendencies already. (Even if you wear a happy face around him, it may not be as effective as you think.) He might be staying friendly/involved for that reason, too.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the response. You insight is very good and valuable to me. I can understand where you are coming from, and I could totally see this to be true (have even wondered why he remains being friends with me on occasions). However, there are a few things that is kind of bothering me about your insight. Firstly, he has rejected me about 3 times at this point, yet remains talking to me (even when I don't message him, he sends me messages). So I have taken all 3 rejections, and although it does not feel good, I have not been completely devastated. Secondly, this reading was done today - after he had rejected me for the 3rd time (This was by far the most direct, as he literally told me he had no feelings towards me). So if your insight were to be true, why would he still fear that he would cause me depression if he rejected me, AFTER he told me he had no feelings towards me?

I'm not trying to be hard headed here or looking for any last sign of hope (I've let it go at this point), but between what he is expressing to me, and between the tarot cards I've been drawing about him it has got me extremely confused.

He is the type of person that does not relate his feelings at all, or he relates them poorly (because he has too much to express). He is fearful of relationships, as he has had his heart broken many times. So I'm just left so confused as to his true emotions. Does he really not care for me, or he does but does not want to express it because of his fears. Either way, I just want to move on, but I can't. I need to know exactly what is happening, or what has happened otherwise I won't be able to move on (emotions or no emotions). My inner curiosity is suffocating me.

Pandora8

He is fearful of relationships, as he has had his heart broken many times.

Death is a powerful card. I think he is afraid of change. He is afraid of going through some kind of transition and leaving the past behind.

jenster

You could ask what he feels for you but if you ask what he is afraid of, what his romantic feelings are or anything you can't be sure exists in the first place the cards either won't answer at all or try to tell you in alternative ways.

He has told you in no uncertain terms that he has no (romantic) feelings for you and you asked the cards what he is afraid of. The cards seem to suggest he isn't afraid of anything but simply confirm what he told you. There is nothing there, nothing romantic at least. We usually focus on the positive side of Death but Death is also and remains a card about definite endings (sometimes relative like about an aspect or a phase, sometimes absolute like getting fired from a job).

Why don't you try asking the cards what you should do to be happy?

gregory

You could ask what he feels for you but if you ask what he is afraid of, what his romantic feelings are or anything you can't be sure exists in the first place the cards either won't answer at all or try to tell you in alternative ways.

He has told you in no uncertain terms that he has no (romantic) feelings for you and you asked the cards what he is afraid of. The cards seem to suggest he isn't afraid of anything but simply confirm what he told you. There is nothing there, nothing romantic at least. We usually focus on the positive side of Death but Death is also and remains a card about definite endings (sometimes relative like about an aspect or a phase, sometimes absolute like getting fired from a job).

Why don't you try asking the cards what you should do to be happy?
I agree with jenster. I don't think he is afraid of anything here - unless, perhaps, that you just will not let this go. A fear of no ending. Because - why are you still asking, if he's told you so often that he's not interested ? Maybe he's afraid you will be hanging around him for ever with no end in sight. (After all - if you aren't hoping - why is it getting to you so much ?)

IndigoWaves

[...] why would he still fear that he would cause me depression if he rejected me, AFTER he told me he had no feelings towards me?

His not wanting to be with you as you desire doesn't have to preclude any caring about your general well-being. Though you force him to focus on and repeat his rejection of your romantic/sexual interest (which is always an uncomfortable and awkward spot to be put in), it doesn't mean that he wants you to suffer any more than seems necessary... And he may believe that staying in touch will be easier on you than completely cutting you off/ending the relationship: a Death-like action that could trigger a fittingly extreme emotional response... However, that may be just the kind of force needed to get over him. So, consider taking the initiative, yourself, by no longer replying to his contacts, seeking him out, etc., and letting an unrequited crush drag on.

I need to know exactly what is happening, or what has happened otherwise I won't be able to move on (emotions or no emotions). My inner curiosity is suffocating me.
I've been caught in that trap more than once... But you stay stuck as long as you let yourself think about the person/relationship: trying to understand anyone "exactly" is an impossible feat that makes it impossible to let them go... And it does nothing to better what's happened, or to change what they've decided about you. Steer your mind away from this guy -- don't dig a deeper hole. Take care.

Fayeelizabeth

I just did a 1 card spread about a love interest's fear towards me.

The exact question was "What does **** fear about ***(me)". I drew the death card. Could someone explain to me other meanings this card could have?

A little bit of a background between our relationship. I am very interested in this guy, and he has rejected me on multiple occasions, but still continues to talk to me, and even asked to hang out with me (when he knew I had feelings for him). He is a pisces and emotional, and I know he doesn't do things to hurt me, or to be an asshole. We had an intense discussion today and he basically said that he had no feelings towards me. I accept it and although I am sad, I am not devastated.

I wanted to know what he feared about me, as my intuition keeps telling me that he is being reluctant.

This is totally not me looking for some sort of sign of hope, by the way. I am genuinley curious as to what this card could represent in this certain situation. I am not very good with the Tarot yet, but this card would signify to me the end of something. The end of a situation that you can never go back to, and the rise of something new (indicated by the sun). I'm really trying to figure out how this would relate to my situation, my feelings for him, and his feelings for me.

Thank you

Maybe he fears losing you all together if he can't give you what you want. It could be that he is happy with the way things are, there's no more from here and he could want to stick to how things are at present. Maybe the death card is a reminder to you that it's the dawn of a new day and you need to let it go so that you can be open to something better and a relationship that works both ways. I hope you get the answers you're looking for in time :)

Eddie

Although romantically he is not interested, perhaps he fears that this rejection may interfere with any friendship that on the other hand, he is interested in.

Eddie

Sulis

Hi coolio120,

You're asking a question based on a presumption and that's never a good idea. Has he told you that there is something about you that he is afraid of or fears? If he hasn't then you're presuming that there is something when there may not be anything at all.

Death could just be saying there is nothing there.
I personally think that tarot tells us what we need to know, especially if the question isn't well formulated so I think Death here is just saying 'this is dead in the water, nothing to ask about, move on'.