World clarified by 7 of Cups

samantha

I drew the World card (Golden Tarot) as the outcome in a CC general read spread.

I wasn't sure what to make of it and drew a clarifier* (*another card which gives you the same answer again, not extra information) : 7 of cups.

The World card can imply that we have choices ; the World is your oyster etc , there are also
choices available in the 7 of cups however I'm not sure how well they match one another from that point on and under futher scrutiny !

The choices in the 7 ly in the imagination - they might be fantastical (and possible) or they might be impossible. Are the choices offered in the World card (if you read it that way) more likely to be realistic, concrete ones that you could actually strive for/attain ? I would have said yes.

Then there is the cautionary note of the 7 of cups. Some of the choices on offer could lead you astray and down the garden path - I can't see this as being the case with the World card, which I normally see as having a *successful* or enlightened vibe to it.

Superficially choices seems to link these two cards but given the above I'm doubtful that is the case !

I'm stuck ! Any other ideas on what these two cards share ?

decan

I see the World card as a completion; probably the lady at the center can do what she wants, and everything is at her disposal if necessary.
Therefore she is free to make the choices she wants because of her central position, any door is potentially open.
The 7 of Cups could say that this situation is only in her mind, not necessarily in the reality she faces. That is to say it could be a waking dream, completely, or for one part.
It’s just an interpretation of course!

samantha

I see the World card as a completion; probably the lady at the center can do what she wants, and everything is at her disposal if necessary.
Therefore she is free to make the choices she wants because of her central position, any door is potentially open.
The 7 of Cups could say that this situation is only in her mind, not necessarily in the reality she faces. That is to say it could be a waking dream, completely, or for one part.
It’s just an interpretation of course!

Thanks for your thoughts. I could see this as a possible if I were reading the cards in combination...but I'm interested in what unites the two of them (how one could be giving me the *exact same* message as the other ; clarifies )
It seems you have a similar feeling as I about the more solid nature of the World (choices *are* possible) versus the 7 cups where they are " not necessarily a reality" - paraphrasing you here slightly. It's these differences which are making me rethink my original linking of the two with- *choice*- but at the moment it's all that occurs.

decan

Here and there on the forum some members say sometimes that they don't use a clarifier card.
Personally I keep my options open on this topic, but I am wondering.

Here you are in a situation where the clarifier card can't really bring clarity because in itself the 7 of Cups is "foggy" and so, brings fog.

Each card has a specific meaning in the Tarot, some cards share some meanings and are more on the same track, here I don't think that the World and the 7 of Cups are on the same track.

Sharla

Wheres the choices in the world card ? I'm not seeing there is any, it's the final card of the deck.

The 6th card (depending on how you do your celtic cross), would give you more info regarding the final outcome card.

I'm not reading the 7 cups here, as the world card being the final card for the whole spread, i feel gives you your answer quite clearly without using a clarifier, and also i don't see how the 7 cups can mean the same as the world at all.

Whatever reading you had from your CC the (world) is saying that this is not going to be a easy ride, you will encounter obstacles along the way and face many difficulties.....just think of how we get to the world card in the deck, there's so many ups and downs to go through before we get to this card, some harder than others...but all worth it in the end.

Your going to need to realize that what you want in life does not come easy or quickly, but if you keep moving forward despite these difficulties, then you will be rewarded......but like i said the road to this will not be an easy one.

wind

World is the final 'choice', the final grounding. It is heaven descending on earth, the arrival to Jerusalem. The four figures in corners are in fact the four apostles. So it's like the god's work is finished.
Sevens are about overcoming challenges, about victory. So if you look for similarities - they are both decisive, both are moving forward. World says that you are graduating - you are receiving your 'diploma', you have learnt, now you can move on.

Number 7 is about moving forward too, after overcoming difficulties. In the case of cups, overcoming emotional challenges. 7 is a very mystical number, implying finality as well (7 days in a week, 7 planets, 7 mortal sins...). It closes the circle - in the final victory before transcending. 8, 9, 10 are going beyond. So 7 is very decisive - indeed about decision. It is a major step.

So I would say, if you want to clarify world with 7 of cups, it says that you are going to successfully 'graduate', conclude the matter, but the issues and challenges that you are going to overcome relate to the emotional realm, to the realm of water, of desires, of dreams, wants...7 in water is very charged, very 'wanting'. It is Venus in Scorpio, deep, strong passion. So this is what plays a role here, as it seems. Also, it says that the 'graduation' in the World is ruled by partnership or it has to do with overcoming challenges in partnership, in intimacy (7 as the seventh house of horoscope which is about partners, all emphasized by Venus and Scorpio, both about deep partnerships).

I use astrological connotations, as you see :) For me they are helpful, but of course they are just one way to look at the cards.
Also, number 7 is on the 7th sephiroth in the tree of life - the sephiroth of feelings and instincts and the sephiroth of victory. So this is about winning with love, winning in love.

It seems that these cards may suggest overcoming a difficult emotional choice which will in fact send you on a new path, into a new cycle. If you didn't truly understand what conclusion the World brings, it seems the 7 of cups as clarifier were saying - an emotional victory, moving on or deeper with your desires, and also possibly with the desires of your partner or anything regarding intimacy. The next cycle means victory over any possible issues regarding love, desire, intimacy, partnerships.

Just one possible way to look at it.

samantha

Here and there on the forum some members say sometimes that they don't use a clarifier card.
Personally I keep my options open on this topic, but I am wondering.

Here you are in a situation where the clarifier card can't really bring clarity because in itself the 7 of Cups is "foggy" and so, brings fog.

Each card has a specific meaning in the Tarot, some cards share some meanings and are more on the same track, here I don't think that the World and the 7 of Cups are on the same track.

I'm in two minds about clarifiers, happy to use them when I *get* their message and puzzling (yes, your *brain fog * ! ) having to think really hard to make connections when I don't ! :D As you say, some pair together much more neatly than others ! I feel that the times I am unable to make a pair unite is when my own knowledge of the cards is inadequate - I've posted on here several times over the years with clarifiers and have been helped out by individuals whose Tarot database far exceeds my own (Thirteen is an obvious example) They were able to make a link for me which resonated, so I believe it's possible.

headincloud

The world shows you facing a major decision and the choices you face are in 7C, doors are opening for you and you'll need to define what it is you truly want as you can't have it all but the world signifies success and a constructive path you're choosing, these choices could relate to anything as the spread isn't expansive enough to get an insight. To be faced with a decision means your facing a choice of some sort in both cards but I don't use clarifiers with such a narrow definition personally.

To arrive at the world we have to move through the 7C to make that judgement call and always in judgement we know a decision must be made and we face it with level headed maturity, a very positive outcome card.

The 7C is more a card of planning and mulling through things mentally before we make a choice and bring it into manifestation through the decision in the world card.

samantha

Wheres the choices in the world card ? I'm not seeing there is any, it's the final card of the deck.

The 6th card (depending on how you do your celtic cross), would give you more info regarding the final outcome card.

I'm not reading the 7 cups here, as the world card being the final card for the whole spread, i feel gives you your answer quite clearly without using a clarifier, and also i don't see how the 7 cups can mean the same as the world at all.

Whatever reading you had from your CC the (world) is saying that this is not going to be a easy ride, you will encounter obstacles along the way and face many difficulties.....just think of how we get to the world card in the deck, there's so many ups and downs to go through before we get to this card, some harder than others...but all worth it in the end.

Your going to need to realize that what you want in life does not come easy or quickly, but if you keep moving forward despite these difficulties, then you will be rewarded......but like i said the road to this will not be an easy one.

Hi Sharla. Thanks for your thoughts :)

The choices I am thinking about are implied rather than stated it's true.
For me the world can, much like the Fool, suggest a stepping off point (So not surprising that they form a continuous loop and kind of segue into one another.)

I remember getting this card years ago when I finished a course of study and again when I stopped work. On both occasions finishing one stage in my life allowed me to step off into something new - it gave me choices and options which I wouldn't have otherwise had if I hadn't of put in the previous hard work - hence my saying 'The world is your oyster' , its that feeling that now, and only now, *anything is possible* because tests and lessons have been learnt. I think this is where we differ in our approach to this card ? You believe that the "obstacles along the way ..the many ups and downs to go through" have yet to materialise, whereas I tend to see them as having already been navigated ? Whilst I have had the World card come up as travel I have never thought to look upon at is as a journey (through life).

samantha

World is the final 'choice', the final grounding. It is heaven descending on earth, the arrival to Jerusalem. The four figures in corners are in fact the four apostles. So it's like the god's work is finished.
Sevens are about overcoming challenges, about victory. So if you look for similarities - they are both decisive, both are moving forward. World says that you are graduating - you are receiving your 'diploma', you have learnt, now you can move on.

Number 7 is about moving forward too, after overcoming difficulties. In the case of cups, overcoming emotional challenges. 7 is a very mystical number, implying finality as well (7 days in a week, 7 planets, 7 mortal sins...). It closes the circle - in the final victory before transcending. 8, 9, 10 are going beyond. So 7 is very decisive - indeed about decision. It is a major step.

So I would say, if you want to clarify world with 7 of cups, it says that you are going to successfully 'graduate', conclude the matter, but the issues and challenges that you are going to overcome relate to the emotional realm, to the realm of water, of desires, of dreams, wants...7 in water is very charged, very 'wanting'. It is Venus in Scorpio, deep, strong passion. So this is what plays a role here, as it seems. Also, it says that the 'graduation' in the World is ruled by partnership or it has to do with overcoming challenges in partnership, in intimacy (7 as the seventh house of horoscope which is about partners, all emphasized by Venus and Scorpio, both about deep partnerships).

I use astrological connotations, as you see :) For me they are helpful, but of course they are just one way to look at the cards.
Also, number 7 is on the 7th sephiroth in the tree of life - the sephiroth of feelings and instincts and the sephiroth of victory. So this is about winning with love, winning in love.

It seems that these cards may suggest overcoming a difficult emotional choice which will in fact send you on a new path, into a new cycle. If you didn't truly understand what conclusion the World brings, it seems the 7 of cups as clarifier were saying - an emotional victory, moving on or deeper with your desires, and also possibly with the desires of your partner or anything regarding intimacy. The next cycle means victory over any possible issues regarding love, desire, intimacy, partnerships.

Just one possible way to look at it.

Hi Wind :) Gosh, where do I start with this one ??!! (See my comment to Decan about "data base" ! ) Many thanks for taking the time here. I am familiar with some of the numerology correspondences but very little astrological. Ok, I can see your point about the *forward movement* of the 7's (I hadnt thought to link the card back to the Chariot :thumbsup:) and yes, I get the "graduating" vibe - I said something similar to Sharla about stepping out towards something new. Interesting that you mention emotional challenges in relation to partnerships as this has been on my mind. I don't feel I have completely 'graduated' from these challenges, but there has been decent progress made and I feel we could be entering a new (and better ....or is that just different ?? Lol ) phase. I do still have some choices to make in connection with this, so your last paragraph really resonates here. I am also hopeful that this will herald a new cycle !
I'm sorry I can't do your post more justice ...but thanks again for sharing your interpretation /knowledge :heart: