Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Kissa

Joie de Vivre

I have done only 3 or 4 cards already. In addition to giving the artwork a whole new dimension, I think it will make the deck easier to handle: a smaller size will not slip away so easily from my hands (just a theory). Will scan pics asap.

ETA: nope sorry, scanning won't be happening today. My scanner insists on isolating the pics (I put 6 cards at the time: 3 trimmed, 3 not trimmed for comparison) and this @sshole trimms everything itself to let me only with the pics without borders EVEN when there are still some and IT CREATES 6 separate files instead of one. Baaad scanner, baaad. Grrrr. Scanning before breakfast should be forbidden by the law.
:( sorry...

emmsma

Trimmed Witchy Tarot. Here are a few scans. Left the thin colored borders on all the cards. No titles.

Attachments

• DSCN1563.jpg
    DSCN1563.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 578
  • DSCN1565.jpg
    DSCN1565.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCN1566.jpg
    DSCN1566.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 421

Cassandra022

i took this picture for a different purpose, but i figured since its of my trimmed Navigators of the Mystic SEA, might as well add it to the thread...

Attachments

• ispread2.jpg
    ispread2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 598

AJ

thank you both. This thread has been quiet and I had to relearn the HTML to add them :)

Cassandra022

very tempted to trim side borders off a Balbi...
:0

Cassandra022

realized there's no pictures of trimmed Lo Scarabeo tarot and I've done that one, so...

might take the top borders off too eventually, actually...they aren't really necessary...

Attachments

• LS_trim.jpg
    LS_trim.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 631
  • LS_trim2.jpg
    LS_trim2.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 586

AJ

The Gaian has so many renamed cards and reimaged cards it doesn't even seem like tarot to me. I'm just going to cut the borders (quite inoffensive in themself) and titles off and turn it into a gorgeous oracle.
Here are before and after samples. Quite a difference in size! A little better than 4-1/2" tall with borders, just under 4" without.

The only sad thing is many of the images extend into the border a little bit. I like that in a deck, the Haindl does that too. Oh well, in about an hour they'll all be gone.

Attachments

• Gaian with borders 001.jpg
    Gaian with borders 001.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 323
  • Gaian without borders 001.jpg
    Gaian without borders 001.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 534

Cassandra022

looks like an improvement to me AJ :]
shall have to post trimmed master when i'm done with it :D

Carla

I have a French version of Diamond tarot, so I've just finished trimming it of white borders and titles. (The French titles helped me not at all, because I had to look at the picture to figure out what they said. Doh.) It is very small now and absolutely trip-tastic!!

Now I was searching this thread yesterday for pictures of trimmed Diamond Tarot, and I stumbled across a borderless Arthurian, all laid out on a black cloth. It knocked me out, so I had to get my Arthurian tarot out and I've started whacking the white borders off them and they look so good!! I can't wait to do a reading on a black cloth. Here's the image that seduced me:

http://tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29027

BlueDragonfly

The Gaian has so many renamed cards and reimaged cards it doesn't even seem like tarot to me. I'm just going to cut the borders (quite inoffensive in themself) and titles off and turn it into a gorgeous oracle.
Here are before and after samples. Quite a difference in size! A little better than 4-1/2" tall with borders, just under 4" without.

The only sad thing is many of the images extend into the border a little bit. I like that in a deck, the Haindl does that too. Oh well, in about an hour they'll all be gone.

O.M.G. This is exactly what I've just now come looking for.....to see if anyone else had trimmed The Gaian, yet. I was hesitant about the edges that trail off into the borders, but I now know I've got to whack 'em off!

Gorgeous, AJ! Thanks! :D