How to be a better partner?

Saskia

Hello all, I created this spread after encountering a question on this forum: should one change for love? My answer and the full reading is available here.

Summarised sample reading below.

How to be a better partner?

What is my overall partnering style (how do I behave in a relationship)?
With who am I compatible with?
What is something my partner(s, ex and current) like about me?
What is something my partner(s, ex and current) dislike about me?
What should I leave behind to be a better partner?
What should I embrace to be a better partner?
What action should I take to find/build/maintain a fulfilling relationship?

---7---
- 5 - 6 -
1-2-3-4

What is my overall style of being a partner? 8 CUPS

I’m always searching for something new in my life, I’m never fully satisfied. I’ve always been in lasting relationships and the current one – marriage to my soulmate – for all intents and purposes is supposed to last for a lifetime and beyond. However, in every other area in my life I’m always in search for more – or something new. I blame my Gemini moon for this insatiable thirst for new knowledge, new emotions, new experiences, new viewpoints...

With who am I compatible with? LOVERS

With my soulmate, duh, thank you tarot. With the person who makes me feel that he is the choice of my mind, heart, body and soul.

What is something my partner(s) like about me? ACE OF PENTACLES

I’m a solid choice, I guess. I commit and see the value of the relationship. I’m also crafty and always on the lookout for new opportunities: to earn money, grow as a person, learn something new... I’m also the “cheerleader” or the enthusiastic life coach of my partner.

What is something my partner(s) dislike about me? PAGE OF SWORDS

Hmm. I’m an eternal student and I dwell in areas of my interest for days to an end. I don’t believe my partners necessarily dislike the studious or curious side, but perhaps this pertains to my communication blunders – I’m known for my stupid blurt-outs and inadvertent heartless comments that I have let escape my lips.

What should I put behind to be a better partner? 2 WANDS

This card most often means change of heart to me. It’s a passionate choice, made after an earlier passionate choice. I definitely recognise myself from this flipping back and forth and this relates to the earlier 8 Cups, always on the quest to find fulfilment that never comes. This butterfly tendency to hop from one plan to another with a moment’s notice is clearly not the most helpful in a relationship.

What should I embrace to be a better partner? 9 SWORDS

Stop worrying for nothing. I’m normally easygoing and relaxed, but sometimes I get stuck in a loop of anxieties and worries: how can I keep myself and my partner safe from accidents, misfortune etc.? Alternatively, this card could simply say “nothing”, stop worrying about needing to be something different or more!

What action should I take to maintain a fulfilling relationship? 2 CUPS.

Haha, another no-brainer! Be a giving, open and receptive partner: transparent and generous in your emotions and expect the same in return. Love with your full heart and be loved in return.

Happy exploring!

ana luisa

Thank you Saskia for sharing this spread!! Love it ! So succint and to the point :) One more for my files !! :thumbsup:

think

Ooh, I like this spread. I've just done it, and I'll put it in the 'your readings' section.

Saskia

Great to hear Ana Luisa and think!

GlitterNova

With who am I compatible with? LOVERS

With my soulmate, duh, thank you tarot.

Ahaha! That's so funny. I actually pulled the King of Cups for this position and had the same response! "Wow thanks tarot" :rolleyes: