The Playing Card Oracles by Cortez/Freeman

Satori

I need a back up. And Ihearttarot, I'm not savvy with excel. I tried your thing and couldn't figure it out! Can you give us any direction on how to use it, or is everyone using it just fine and I'm the AT dunce? ;)

IheartTarot

Satori said:
Ihearttarot, I'm not savvy with excel. I tried your thing and couldn't figure it out! Can you give us any direction on how to use it, or is everyone using it just fine and I'm the AT dunce? ;)

Hi Satori, thanks very much for the feedback! Some people are using it fine but I have noticed that some people are having difficulty (I get notified when there are any changes made so that I can check it is still in working order afterwards). I have not requested sign in of the users to make access easier so I do not know who is having difficulty and who is not. Yesterday I clarified the instructions in the opening Input sheet as follows:

1) Delete any numbers inside the box below
2) Enter your card numbers 1-13 for each of the four card positions in the appropriate column (either Red or Black)
3) Click on the Results worksheet tab below

I will expand on this a bit more here:

1) There will probably be some numbers entered by the previous visitor in the data box on the Input sheet when you open it. Select each cell with a number in it with your mouse (move your cursor to the cell and left-click on it). Delete this data by press Del on your keyboard. Please do not delete anything else.

2) Type your four numbers in the box. Type each number in the Red column if the card is from a red Diamonds or Hearts suit, or in the Black column if the card is from a black Clubs or Spades suit. There should be exactly four numbers in the box corresponding to your four cards. If you type in numbers outside the box it will not affect the calculations but it will look untidy and probably confuse the next visitor (I have greyed out other cells in the Input worksheet for this reason).

3) Click on the Results tab on the bottom of the Input worksheet with your mouse (point cursor at it and left-click) to see your calculation results. You can ignore the Names worksheet, that is a lookup table for the calculations. You should not be able to make any changes to the locked Results and Names worksheets. I had to show the results in a separate worksheet in order to protect the integrity of the calculations. It is not possible to protect specific cells only specific worksheets.

When you have noted down your results offline, you can just close your Internet browser or go to another website.

Please let me know if anything is still not clear.

Lela

Fyi...

Ana Cortez announced on her blog a contest to win an original Playing Card Oracle deck (the one with the backs that bleed to the edge) that was self published through Two Sisters Press. Good luck to anyone who enters. :)