The Victorian Romantic Visual Journaling Study Group - discussion thread

Jewel-ry

Darwinia, thanks for all the links!

I get it now. I had tried something similar before with a tapestry which I wanted to fix to a piece of mdf...I tried to stitch it so that the corners had a small square left unstitched, that way I was able to fold the tapestry around the mdf but it wasn't ideal.

This looks good and I can see how its done quite easily, thanks.

:)

baba-prague

Jewel-ry said:
And Baba,

Just can't wait for the deck. As I said somewhere else, I have been forced to order from Amazon this time because I have a gift voucher so I know I will have longer to wait than everyone else but just want to thank you and Alex in advance. Oh and thanks for the high resolution images too! Will you be journalling with us?

:)

Well, heaps and heaps of parcels went out as planned on Friday - and we have another two sacksful waiting by the stairs to go out tomorrow. So in about a week we hope many will finally have found their new homes.

I hope to journal a bit. I know that I might not manage a whole lot - as my "day job" is design sometimes at other times I get too tired visually to do a whole lot of "for fun" imagery. Although on the other hand, oddly enough I do go through phases of making things when I'm not working. I do also think journaling has the potential to teach - besides being enjoyable - so I will certainly do some. But maybe don't expect an entire book from me :)

Jewel-ry

Darwinia!!!

:thumbsup:

They are just exquisite, beautiful. Well done!!

I enjoyed following your little project. Thanks for putting it up :)

Little Baron

lark said:
Littlebuddha you were the worst, your wig kept slipping because you nodded your head a lot as you cut those tricky parts of the Victorian designs.

Hahaha. Just saw this. LOL

LB

HearthCricket

I am still waiting for my decks and journal to arrive, but am hoping they will show up this week. In the meantime I have taken the time to collect stuff to use-be it stickers, pictures, postcards/cards, rubber stamps, etc., to use for my journal. This will be my first tarot journal, as I have always housed my thoughts inside of me. I am really excited about this.

I have decided that the best way for me to approach it will be to take one card from the deck (I am just going to go right in order...Major Arcana first, etc.) and study it for a few days or a week. While I do this I am going to use a plastic box to put in certain things that this card reminds me of, or how I connect to that particular card, what it means to me, etc. and at the end of my study I will do a page for that card. Then I will try and take a decent picture of it with my camera and share it on the forum-this thread, probably or one that is started once we get clipping!

Does anyone know how many pages are in the journal (Oh, Baba!!!)? If there are more than 78 I may toss in some fun readings, here and there, too, and do the same for them as I did for each card, just to make it fun! At this point, these are my journaling plans!

Sulis

Moderator Note

As Moonbow* and I suggested earlier in this thread it will be easier to keep track of the topics in this group if a new thread is started for each card or maybe page of the journal.

As it is, this is going to turn into one huge, rambling thread and members trying to find specific cards or pages in the journals will find it very difficult to do so - We like to keep the study groups tidy :)

Because of this, I will be moving the posts about The Intro page, The Fool and The Magician to their own threads and I will begin an index thread.

Thanks

Sulis and Moonbow* - co-mods - Tarot Study groups

HearthCricket

My photos of my journal are now online in a slideshow, so I can keep all my work together, as I journey along this project. Just follow the link from my profile and enjoy!

AJ

HC, I don't see any journal albums at your picture trail, did you take them down?

Skydancer

I was hoping to see your journals also!!

BTW - your reading table set-ups are beautiful!! :)

*S*