Best Thoth Deck edition to get in and oop?

smw

Ah well my mum may never change her thoughts on it.

She is from Foyers and grew up next door to Boleskin. There is no hope I'm sure. Thankfully she doesn't live with me 😁

I just looked this up... Lots of lurid stories for sure ! Kind of fascinating to have lived nearby.

MagsStardustBlack

I just looked this up... Lots of lurid stories for sure ! Kind of fascinating to have lived nearby.
Yes. I'm sure the locals used Boleskin to scare their children senseless 😂

gregory

Alas I will give it a bash. Seen what appears to be a 1976 edition, green writing, white box so fingers crossed.
That will be big cards, no borders on the backs and so on... Good luck.

Le Fanu

You CAN still get it, clos :) See above. Now that I have looked I don't know why Leffy says it disappeared... I had heard this but never bothered to check.
But that's the standard one. The larger of the two. Isn't "Standardgrosse" not mini? There were two sizes.

The larger of the two you still see, but not the mini/pocket (whatever you want to call it). I just call it the smaller of the two. It makes a lovely carrying around deck. Gregory calls it pallid, I call it delicately wispy

MagsStardustBlack

I missed this deck the value went up to high so I'm back to the look out. Thank you all for the tips, I think I know now hopefully what to keep an eye out for 😘

gregory

But that's the standard one. The larger of the two. Isn't "Standardgrosse" not mini? There were two sizes.

The larger of the two you still see, but not the mini/pocket (whatever you want to call it). I just call it the smaller of the two. It makes a lovely carrying around deck. Gregory calls it pallid, I call it delicately wispy
They never did a BIG one that I ever saw ? just a pocket and a "standard" or whatever you like to call it. I will go dig up the other ISBN and see what I can find. But NOT now; I am doing the washing !

Le Fanu

They never did a BIG one that I ever saw ? just a pocket and a "standard" or whatever you like to call it. I will go dig up the other ISBN and see what I can find. But NOT now; I am doing the washing !
Not BIG, just (as I said) the larger of the two. Carry on scrubbing gregory, I shall post the isbns;

"standard" playing card size (ish; 10.5 x 7.5 cm) - easy to find - 978-3-86826-504-0

Smaller, pocket-sized (8.5 x 6) - hard to find - isbn; 978-3-86826-503-3

gregory

OK - plenty copies on amazon.de :D NOT on other amazons, which suggests a copyright argument ?

On amazon.de they also have the lovely deep purple boxed big ones, too :D But in German, of course. And no extra Magus cards.

Hedera

Not BIG, just (as I said) the larger of the two. Carry on scrubbing gregory, I shall post the isbns;

"standard" playing card size (ish; 10.5 x 7.5 cm) - easy to find - 978-3-86826-504-0

Smaller, pocket-sized (8.5 x 6) - hard to find - isbn; 978-3-86826-503-3

Those are my favorite versions as well!
And, like Le Fanu, I can't find the pocket version anymore.

I love the delicate colours, it's like you can see the actual brush strokes in some places. And things that are supposed to be round (like the moon in the Moon card) *are* actually round; not the ovals they tend to be in other editions.

I also love the gold boxes, they remind me of something you'd get luxury chocolates in. ;)

One of the regular-sized one of these is set out on a coffee table in my living room, so I can pick it up and leaf through the cards whenever I want to.