One reading offered!

Zephyros

Although I rarely read here, it is good practice and it does give me a chance to get a good esoteric jargon flow going, something I don't get to do a lot with "real" people.

So I've decided to give one reading, since mine tend to be long, and I will be doing it tomorrow. Any question you like or none, up to you.

One caveat, though, is that I ask that any sitters have sufficient knowledge about the Thoth, kabbalah, etc. to give me actual feedback on the technical aspects of the reading. How good it was, how accurate or how this or that card resonates with you are all secondary. This is a learning reading, and I want to get some learning done (and not about reading, but about the Thoth). So, sorry, people who just want a reading need not reply. There are other forums more suited for this.

Thanks, I'm going offline, leave your name and I will do it tomorrow.

earthair

One caveat, though, is that I ask that any sitters have sufficient knowledge about the Thoth, kabbalah, etc.

No takers yet...

At the risk of putting people off, who might, like me, be nervously wondering if they would ever be able to be of any use to you as readees- please define sufficient knowledge?! :joke:

Zephyros

Well, anyone with a familiarity, really. I've given readings here in the past and although the feedback was very comprehensive and good, it was ultimately general feedback and not very "Thothy." My aim is to be a better Thoth reader, it even says Thoth over the door. ;) Fact is, although the forum is open to all and all are welcome, reading offers tend to draw in many visitors from other forums who just want a reading. That's great, more power to them, but that's not what I'm looking for this time.

Although the guidelines (which I wrote) don't state this so as not to be dictatorial (my own preferences aren't everyone's, after all), it would be expected that a reading in the Thoth forum would deal with the Thoth, otherwise they would be in the general reading exchange.

If anyone still wants a reading the offer is still on the table, for Thoth-specific feedback. :)

dancing_moon

I'll sit if you'll have me. No worries if you decide to pass. :livelong:

velvetina

as will I, I'd be delighted to have a one-card reading from you :)

the Thoth & I are old friends :)

Zephyros

Great, I'll take you both! I will do one big reading, a kind of modular Tree of Life for dancing_moon, and for velvetina a smaller reading (thanks for helping me out and asking for a small one).

Post your questions, if any, and I will have your readings done in the next couple of days.

Thanks!

earthair

Well, anyone with a familiarity, really. I've given readings here in the past and although the feedback was very comprehensive and good, it was ultimately general feedback and not very "Thothy." My aim is to be a better Thoth reader, it even says Thoth over the door. ;) Fact is, although the forum is open to all and all are welcome, reading offers tend to draw in many visitors from other forums who just want a reading. That's great, more power to them, but that's not what I'm looking for this time.

Although the guidelines (which I wrote) don't state this so as not to be dictatorial (my own preferences aren't everyone's, after all), it would be expected that a reading in the Thoth forum would deal with the Thoth, otherwise they would be in the general reading exchange.

If anyone still wants a reading the offer is still on the table, for Thoth-specific feedback. :)

Yes, I realise all that, but I was asking you to define what depth of knowledge you would consider 'sufficient'? I am 'familiar' with Thoth but was a little nervous about volunteering. But you have some readees now :)

dancing_moon

Thanks for this opportunity, closrapexa! :)

My question would be rather introspective, hope you don't mind. I've been working through some issues from the past, trying to forgive and move on from the situations where I was mistreated, due to circumstances more than any evil intentions. What I'd like to know is how I'm doing, if I'm doing enough, and what more I could do in this direction, and anything else that comes up in connection with this.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications or further details.

velvetina

Thank you ever so much :)

I'd like some manner of 'career' * advice. Or, if that is too vague I can pm you a more detailed question.

* the career in question is my Tarot practise!

Zephyros

Thanks for this opportunity, closrapexa! :)

My question would be rather introspective, hope you don't mind. I've been working through some issues from the past, trying to forgive and move on from the situations where I was mistreated, due to circumstances more than any evil intentions. What I'd like to know is how I'm doing, if I'm doing enough, and what more I could do in this direction, and anything else that comes up in connection with this.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications or further details.

That's great, I love those kinds of questions, and they're especially good for the kinds of readings I do.

Thank you ever so much :)

I'd like some manner of 'career' * advice. Or, if that is too vague I can pm you a more detailed question.

* the career in question is my Tarot practise!

Sure, I will be happy to. It is vague, but let's see how I do with just that and we'll see how it goes.

I will have them done in roughly two days.