Baphomet

ravenest

Oh this is fabulous, lovely statue, regardless of not having breasts. Wow. Even if this groups strays slightly from Thelema, they still are follow the doctrines.

Did anyone think that maybe they are Thelemites but re representing it in to the world in a gentler way, then crowly did.

Maybe O.T.O. should have one made too, with breast, cheeky me for saying that.

'Made one' ??? Why make one when .... down in the basement .... })

INIVEA

'Made one' ??? Why make one when .... down in the basement .... })
You made one Ravennest, lucky. What you keep your down in the basement, not in you lovely living room or your nice garden of a backyard.

prudence

This is the statue I had posted about in the political forum last year. I thought it was very funny and perfect, considering the Ten Commandments monument at this particular site. I wonder if Oklahoma will allow it to be put in place. Too bad they felt they couldn't include the breasts on it. Still a very nice sculpture, I like the kids, but I have a feeling it will be the kids that make some of the opponents very adamantly against this piece.

Babalon Jones

Maybe the statue is intended to be sat on? That's what appears to be happening in one of the pictures.

In that case the kids heads might make great armrests. And it might also explain the lack of boobs. Sitting on Baphomet's lap is probably uncomfortable enough already without a set of nipples jabbing you in the back. :eek:

I see. Um, Baphomet, is that a caduceus or are you just happy to see me? :bugeyed:
The armrest thing is a good idea. Though if I commission one, one of the kiddos would need a crown, to serve as a cupholder. :p

Tanga

I guess you can worship Satan our Master, Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of This World, Father of Lies, Spawn of Satan and Lord of Darkness... but only if he's "normal."

:joke:
Sigh. I much prefer 'Lucifer' - "the light bringer" who went a bit off the rails. :)

...Did anyone think that maybe they are Thelemites but re representing it in to the world in a gentler way, then crowly did.

Maybe O.T.O. should have one made too, with breast, cheeky me for saying that.

"Gentler" eh? Interesting idea. I guess we'd have to ask them if that was their intent in the omissions. :)
Could be they thought it might be a tad less controversial?

Maybe the statue is intended to be sat on? That's what appears to be happening in one of the pictures.

In that case the kids heads might make great armrests. And it might also explain the lack of boobs. Sitting on Baphomet's lap is probably uncomfortable enough already without a set of nipples jabbing you in the back. :eek:

<falls off chair laughing>
:)

Statues are no good in the basement Ravenest! :joke:
The whole idea is to feast your eye on the idol isn't it? (she says - thinking of the statues she has stashed under her bed because there is no basement...and ahh - no space to have them displayed all-at-once. :) ).

@Babalon Jones: Caduceus or "happy to see me"? - well - it's both isn't it?

Zephyros

:joke:
Sigh. I much prefer 'Lucifer' - "the light bringer" who went a bit off the rails. :)

That's a quote from Good Omens, one of my favorite books, and quite spiritual for humor, too.

Grigori

I find it likely (and ironic) that getting Supreme Court permission to put a satanic statue at an American government space is made easier if no one has to be confronted by a pair of breasts.

But I'd also love one of these in my garden :D