Birth Card :The Knight of Cup

Math D

Hi everybody.In the Crowley Thoth tarot,I read than the Knight of Cups is in the 11 feburary to the 10 march.My birth is on the 9 March.I have two questions:Should I make a representation to this card ? And I read than we need to be cautious with this card ,what is the interpretation on this card ?It seems to be negative.Because it is between fire and water,big contrast.Have a good day,you can call me Math

violetdaisy

I actually haven't gotten into the Thoth thing yet (I do have a deck that's supposed to be loosely based on it) but I would caution that like astrology the dates are averages - fluctuating from one year to the next slightly - so if this card doesn't speak to you the one for the next set of dates might.

Math D

Thank you for answer me,this card very inspire me,because He have no weapons and he's ready for the war but the easy way.it's speak to me.

Always Wondering

In Sex Magic Tantra & Tarot by Christopher Hyatt and Lon Milo DuQuette the Knight of Cups (though they use King of Cups) does correspond with your birthday and is mainly a feeling person.

Passive, graceful and likable character; naturally pure and innocent; can quickly respond to arousal but sometimes needs help to stick with a project or relationship; but once inspired carries on with a quiet passion.
If he is ill-dignified he is indolent, sensual, idol, and untruthful.

The book states your personal symbol in the minor arcana is the Seven of Swords if you ever do want a weapon.

I find this more helpful than Crowley's comments in Book of Thoth. He obviously related to the ill-dignified part of the of the Knight of Cups, for some reason.

I am glad you relate to him. If you are under forty they give you the alternate of the Prince of Cups. I don't very often relate to my prescribed Knight of Wands, but I am right on the cut off.

http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Magic-Tan...27&sr=8-2&keywords=sex+magic+tantra+and+tarot

Math D

Thanks you for answer my questions.All I need for understand is in your answers.I must check it out my weapon if I need it.The signification of the Knight match with my personnality,I can relate but for me,this is just another tool in my pockets for know me more.Again,Thank you ☺!

Michael Sternbach

This question can be answered astrologically. I would recommend to people born in the transitional time from one Court Card to the next to cast a simple natal chart online. Then you will see which decan your Sun falls into. The 36 numbered Pip Cards cover the decans individually, while the Court Cards cover them in sets of three.

Math D

Why Court Cards decans are not in the same zodiac sign ?like one zodiac sign decan next to next two decans zodiac sign.

Michael Sternbach

Why Court Cards decans are not in the same zodiac sign ?like one zodiac sign decan next to next two decans zodiac sign.

That's an excellent question. Crowley says something to the effect that by manifestation, the original purity is lost.

My personal take however is that this way, a series of three Court Cards (i.e. Queen of Wands, Prince of Disks, Knight of Swords) will cover a series of Pimp Cards from 10 to 9 (here 10 of Cups to 9 of Swords). What is interesting about this: The Aces are not part of the decan system, and the Tens are taking their place here (10 = 1+0 = 1). So this becomes a series of 1 to 9, in effect. Also, in this manner, three subsequent Court Cards will cover all four elements. Again, the Princesses are not part of this.

Zephyros

I must have the version that doesn't include the Pimp cards. ;)

My take on the question is that one sign is a poor measure of personality. There would be very little to on if every Court was confined to one sign. In this system each Court is as complex as a real human with more dominant and recessive traits, manners of operating and ways of thinking.

Nosgo

The book states your personal symbol in the minor arcana is the Seven of Swords if you ever do want a weapon.

Can you explain how this is calculated? I know the court cards are assigned according to decan (mine is Knight of Cups too, and I recognize myself so much in what you said about it) but what the purpose/meaning of this association of minors cards? When you said that 7 of swords is a suitable weapon if needed for people born 9th of march, does it mean the symbol? The meaning of the card ("Futility", to me, looks more like a component of the Knight of Cup than a tool for him) ?