Princess of Swords and Pregnancy?!

Michael Sternbach

Hi Thothies,

Not long ago, a young woman in a long term relationship came to me with the question what she needs to do to finally get pregnant, and she drew the Princess of Swords.

I would appreciate your ideas on what this could mean.

Michael

Sharla

I dont even read thoth as of yet, but the first thing that came to mind when i seen this post is maybe she needs to have some sort of surgery.

So could this even imply to ivf treatments or something along them lines.

Zephyros

My first association was some kind of artificial insemination due to problems conceiving naturally.

smw

Hi Thothies,

Not long ago, a young woman in a long term relationship came to me with the question what she needs to do to finally get pregnant, and she drew the Princess of Swords.

I would appreciate your ideas on what this could mean.

Michael

That she needs to grab the sword and take action. (Hmmm, I didn't mean it to come out like that ...were they having regular sex?)

Maybe this fierce, angry logical card represents an aspect of herself that has been dormant. I might wonder if the suggestion is to draw on any possible underlying anger to confront any controversies in her relationship that have not been dealt with.

Michael Sternbach

I dont even read thoth as of yet, but the first thing that came to mind when i seen this post is maybe she needs to have some sort of surgery.

So could this even imply to ivf treatments or something along them lines.

My first association was some kind of artificial insemination due to problems conceiving naturally.

So she would be a "princess" (young, childless woman) in need of some kind of surgery (swords). That interpretation surely makes sense. I will discuss it with her next time I see her. Thanks.

Michael Sternbach

That she needs to grab the sword and take action. (Hmmm, I didn't mean it to come out like that ...were they having regular sex?)

LOL. Yes, they keep trying. But practice is all it is, so far...

Maybe this fierce, angry logical card represents an aspect of herself that has been dormant. I might wonder if the suggestion is to draw on any possible underlying anger to confront any controversies in her relationship that have not been dealt with.

I was talking with her about the possibility that neglected relationship issues might be getting in the way of her body's ability to conceive. She said that her relationship is stable enough - but it might indeed be a good idea to have another look at that.

Babalon Jones

It may be that she needs to really think about it, and seek insight within her mind, and become clear that she is mentally ready to bring forth a being into the material world. Are there any mental blocks, any smoke that needs to be cleared that may be interfering on an intellectual level? Or she maybe needs to seek knowledge about the mechanics of fertility itself. Just some thoughts as the Princess of Swords is Earth of Air, a warrior of the mind, whose power is "To Know".

Michael Sternbach

It may be that she needs to really think about it, and seek insight within her mind, and become clear that she is mentally ready to bring forth a being into the material world. Are there any mental blocks, any smoke that needs to be cleared that may be interfering on an intellectual level?

I was wondering about that too, as her general view on love relationships seemed somewhat easygoing. Even though she described her connection with the would-be father as stable, it is conceivable that there are unclarities in some respects.

Or she maybe needs to seek knowledge about the mechanics of fertility itself. Just some thoughts as the Princess of Swords is Earth of Air, a warrior of the mind, whose power is "To Know".

Well, she seemed to be quite versed at least in the mechanics of impregnation. :laugh: But I know what you mean: How far she understands and makes use of her fertile days etc is quite another question.

Grigori

I'd agree with this also. I think of the Princesses as related to pregnancy, but would see the Princess of Disks as 'keep doing what you're doing' but see the Princess of Swords as needing external intervention, particularly of the scientific surgical kind.

Egg harvesting, IVF etc.. would seem to be part of the process to me.