Thoth and zodiac - Looking for a book

Spiffo

Oh bloody brilliant mate - you answered like 5 questions I've had for a while. I've read bits and pieces of all of that through BoT and others but having it all in one (relatively) simple explanation just grounds me. Little light bulb moments. For a novice sometimes it's just hearing (reading) someone else's explanation that switches those light bulbs on.

Sincerely thank you for taking the time.

Michael Sternbach

Nemia, of the books you mentioned, I know:

Stephen Arroyo: Astrology, Psychology, and the Four Elements

Like all the books by Arroyo, this one is very recommendable. But it focusses on the elements, not on the signs and other singular factors per say.

Aleister Crowley with Evangeline Adams: The General Principles of Astrology

An informative book, although I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a beginner's book, since Crowley doesn't demonstrate how the traits of the sign/planet combinations given can be deduced (but then, most books don't). However, it doesn't refer to Tarot at all.

A few others:

Hajo Banzhaf, Anna Haebler: Key Words for Astrology

Best book for astrology newbies that I know! But again, no references to Tarot.

Bil Tierney: All Around the Zodiac

Explains the Zodiac theory, all the signs and their combined energies. Great book.

More specifically Tarot are the following books:

Anthony Louis: Tarot Beyond the Basics

A lot of this brilliant book discusses the astrology of the Tarot.

Muriel Bruce Hasbrouck: Tarot and Astrology

This one is interesting too, although it omits the Court Cards. It mostly focusses on the 36 decans, the basis for the numbered Pip Cards in the Golden Dawn derived systems.

Austin Coppock: 36 Faces

My favourite book on the topic. Discusses the Thoth and RWS Pips based on the classical imagery of the 36 decans. Not on Amazon, I ordered it from the author's website.

Camionsauro

Wow:)

Thank you everybody for all the help... I will read all if your answer soon :)