Unicursal Hexagram

crystal dawn

as for the meaning of the unicursal hexagram i think that it represents all symbols in one the combining of the male and female forces. Also the six points represent the six planets of medieval astrology with the centre representing sol (the sun). Also Crowley put a 5 petaled rose in the middle of it to represent the divine feminine. Also if you add the 6 points of the uh to the 5 petals of the rose (numerically) you come up with the number 11 which is the perfect number for divine union.
The symbol on a whole is meant to give the individual the strength and confidence so that they may aspire and achieve to their ultimate pontential in other words to realise their dreams and help them achieve them.

blessings

crystal dawn

Cerulean

Artist for the Unicursal Hexagram in my Crowley Thoth Tarot: James Wasserman

James Wasserman is credited with the rainbow computer-generated art design of the card that is in my AG Mueller edition of the Thoth, large deck.

On page 83 of James Wasserman's illustrated book The Mystery Traditions: Secret Symbols and Sacred Art, Destiny Books, copyright 1993, 2005, ISBN I-59477-0883, here is the description (this is one of two designs--James Wasserman's Unicursal Hexagram is the first...)

Opposite below: Two original designs based on the traditional symbolism of the Tree of Life:

Far Left: Unicursal Hexagram

(computer art by James Wasserman). The colors of the Sephiroth at the center of the Tree of Life, including Daath, are blended along the Paths, with the Sun of Tiphareth at the center. See page 28...

Page 28 shows another painting by Wasserman of 1992, revised in 1996 of the Tree of Life based on the traditional colors of the Golden Dawn...with the "Invisible Sephira".... the hidden Daath...referred in the Kabbalah chapter as the Abyss between the Ideal and the Real..."

Hope that is helpful.

Cerulean

Grigori

Thanks Cerulean, that is interesting. I'd assumed the change to rainbow was something from a deck marketing person, interesting that it came from someone with Wasserman's credentials.

JenWt43

Mer ka ba?

I am very (very!) new to the Thoth deck. I bought a small, not pocket, size years ago but was uncomfortable with it and never used it. I decided recently to try again, and purchased a large size, and it came with a rainbow unicursal hexagram card. My immediate thought was that it looked like a Merkaba to me, so I started trying to wade through all of these threads.

I do not own Crowley's "The Book of the Law", because of the advice that it is so difficult to read. But does it discuss the hexagram at all?

ravenest

I am very (very!) new to the Thoth deck. I bought a small, not pocket, size years ago but was uncomfortable with it and never used it. I decided recently to try again, and purchased a large size, and it came with a rainbow unicursal hexagram card. My immediate thought was that it looked like a Merkaba to me, so I started trying to wade through all of these threads.

I do not own Crowley's "The Book of the Law", because of the advice that it is so difficult to read. But does it discuss the hexagram at all?

Oh yes! Its subtle .... symbolism .... have a read of the book and see if you can find it ....

})

JenWt43

Thank you Ravenest. :D

Abrac

The unicursal hexagram is a stylized version of a regular hexagram. It represents the union of macrocosm and microcosm, the union of god and man, or to put it another way, the point at which a person realizes he or she is a god. In Thelema, it is when a person becomes aware of their "True Will," aka, the "Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel." In Magick Without Tears Crowley wrote, "It should never be forgotten for a single moment that the central and essential work of the Magician is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel."

Aeon418

In Thelema, it is when a person becomes aware of their "True Will," aka, the "Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel."

This is a common misconception. Awareness of the True Will usually occurs way before K&C.

Richard

.......I do not own Crowley's "The Book of the Law", because of the advice that it is so difficult to read........
I would take that as a challenge. Why should someone's opinion stop you? Even Crowley was puzzled by some things in The Book of the Law.

JenWt43

I would take that as a challenge. Why should someone's opinion stop you? Even Crowley was puzzled by some things in The Book of the Law.

Yes, you are correct. After further consideration, I had ordered a copy and it arrived last Thursday. I'm looking forward to diving in and seeing how it goes.

And I can't understand, now, why I ever put away the Thoth deck in the first place. I suppose now is just a better time for me...