Unicursal Hexagram

ravenest

Well, I would daring venture to assert that even if my intent and ritual was to invoke Jupiter, and I used an air pentagram, which I decided to use to invoke Jupiter ... I would be invoking Jupiter and not air.

As I said , I found it a handy thing to use to invoke planets with.

Michael Sternbach

Well, I would daring venture to assert that even if my intent and ritual was to invoke Jupiter, and I used an air pentagram, which I decided to use to invoke Jupiter ... I would be invoking Jupiter and not air.

Pretty close, because Jupiter represents air on the planetary level.

(A statement that is often met with disbelief by those not versed in traditional astrology. Yes, Jupiter is the Lord of a fire sign, and traditionally also of a water sign. But by himself, he does represent air nonetheless. Take my word for it, or go googling, those of you who need to.)

Aeon418

I see we're talking at cross purposes here. I have no qualms with anything you've said, but that's not the point I am trying to make. So I'll try again with the help of a little picture.

Liber V vel Reguli (complete with reproductions of Crowley's little doodles)
http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib5.html

Scroll down to section 20. Let him trace the Invoking Hexagram of The Beast.
As you can see the Hexagram is unmarked. There's no indication of what the points represent. Crowley merely gives an arrow to show that you start tracing from the top point. So how do we proceed in this sort of situation? Do we:

a) Try to find out what Crowley thought about this symbol and it's usage, including Golden Dawn documents we know he studied? :thumbsup:

b) Simply assume it conforms with the system Israel Regardie invented at a much later date? :confused: