Knight of Wands

AbstractConcept

Speaking from experience (I am a Knight of Wands), he is passionate, and full of energy when it comes to doing things (anything really) but has the nasty habit of giving up and losing interest if and when the thing attempted, whatever that may be, is not immediately successful. This is something that provides endless hours of annoyance and frustration.

too much energy applied too quickly generly blows up in your face. Something I and fellow Knights of Wands undoubtably learned the hard way.

Bothi impulse and desire drives the Knight of Wands. Desire to succeed, to try new and exciting things, and the impulse to try to better himself no matter what. What drives a bushfire? a bushfire's goal is to keep on burning (eventually it will burn itself, and all surrounding environment out). It's like that for the Knight of Wands.
In my experience.

Lillie

AbstractConcept said:
full of energy when it comes to doing things (anything really) but has the nasty habit of giving up and losing interest if and when the thing attempted, whatever that may be, is not immediately successful.

Yes. I can relate to this.

Are you the knight of wands because of the astrological correspondance?
Or because you identify yourself with this card?

Doesn't the book say that fire of fire/knight of wands is lightning?
Strikes hard and fast and sudden. but don't stick around?
That would tie in with the 'if I can't do it straight away I won't do it at all' thing.

I have been matching up people I know with the astro stuff, to see which card they are.
Some seem to fit. I guessed my sons right. He's the knight of cups.
But other people just don't fit at all.
Maybe their rising signs (or whatever) would fit better than their sun signs.
Or maybe these are the people who get to be the princesses.

ravenest

AbstractConcept said:
Bothi impulse and desire drives the Knight of Wands. Desire to succeed, to try new and exciting things, and the impulse to try to better himself no matter what. What drives a bushfire? a bushfire's goal is to keep on burning (eventually it will burn itself, and all surrounding environment out). It's like that for the Knight of Wands.
In my experience.

Interesting, because a bushfire, a dangerous one anyway, is driven by winds and the flames reach out ahead of the fire as they are being driven by the winds, like the flames, mantle and hair on the card,

I too come up with amazing brilliant ideas and that come to me in a flash like lightening (fire of inspiration) and start doing all this amazing work and creating ... and then ... fizzle. I guess the trick is to keep that motivation activating oneself.

You Knight of Wands people (and myself at times) need a little company of practicle earthy princes that can follow orders and inspiration and finish off all the boring deatil. The we could get down to our work of inspiration and direction and avoid the drudgery of bringing it all to fruition :laugh:

ravenest

Lillie said:
I have been matching up people I know with the astro stuff, to see which card they are.
Some seem to fit. I guessed my sons right. He's the knight of cups.
But other people just don't fit at all.
Are you using sidereal calculations? If not you might find they match sidereally.
(Although I do think A.C. used a tropical system ... didn't he?)

It took me some time to realise I was quiet like the Q of C's. I always wanted to be the K of C's, .

Lillie

The persons birthdate to find what sign and where in that sign.
Then I look in the book to find out which court they are.

Like Knight wands is the last third of scorp, first 2 thirds sag.
That's where the sun was when I was born, so that's me.

Of course there are other ways of doing it.
I don't know about all the sidereal stuff. I don't know what that means.
But you could do the ascendant, if you know it. But lots of people don't, and it changes too fast and you have to know the birth time.

I took me a long time to realise that I was very like the Q of Swords.
But I am.

mooiedragon

astro stuff

I was wondering how you match people up, Lillie! What book are you using as a resource?

I kind of had feeling I might have been the Knight of wands - I too have a bad tendancy to start stuff and not finish them. When something sounds like a good idea I just want to do it, I don't generally take time to think about the best way how I just do it. I can be very impatient if I can't start NOW and I will often just dive right in knowing that I don't have all the information or tools be successful. I just assume that because the idea came to me from inspiration, the rest will too. Sometimes the resources show up somehow, but it's still rare that I see things to their completion. I generally will see something up to the point where I can see the completion and it's almost like that's enough for me and I'm on to the next thing.

This thread has been great!

Lillie

Book of Thoth.

It says for each court.

AbstractConcept

I'm a Knight of Wands due to my astro profile. Even the cards the Knight rules (particularly 7 cups) has its place in my personal makeup (too much of a good thing and I'm buggered). That's actually what got me hooked on Tarot, how people's profiles can map out their general character.

Shame we can't go off on a big tangant and discuss each of our tarot profiles in this thread. I'd be interested in hearing how people find the relationships between their cards and themselves is.

Lillie

You could start a new thread!

I have never, to be honest, paid attention to the astrological stuff with the Thoth.
I mostly ignore it.
But perhaps I could learn something from it.

I was surprised that my birthday fell into the Knight of Wands thingy. But having read some of the things that have been said, I find that some of it does apply to me.

So, I guess I can learn new things all the time.

TenOfSwords

ravenest said:
You Knight of Wands people (and myself at times) need a little company of practicle earthy princes that can follow orders and inspiration and finish off all the boring deatil. The we could get down to our work of inspiration and direction and avoid the drudgery of bringing it all to fruition :laugh:

Well, I've been pursuing her (princess of disks/queenofdisks/death in a reading) for more than a year. Unfortunately she decided that I hurt her and that she was fundamentally a Sluagh (Evil spirit returning from the grave to steal the soul of the dying, In Irish folklore) or Ishtar in the decent into the underworld.... She's a solar taurus and a lunar scorpio so her 'dark' side is pretty dark.... and stubborn... I wish she would turn into princess of cups instead (earth of water) because that would be the perfect match for me being knightofwands/princeofswords (solar leo+lunar aquarius)...

hmm... who should I actually be looking at as a male integration of a solar leo and a lunar aquarius? Princeofwands or knightofswords?

It was actually extremely obvious that we started out as pincessofdisks and knightof wands (I even have several readings showing us as such)... we hit off extremely good in the beginning.... obviously our emotional sides (Aquarius and Scorpio) causing problems.

The court cards, especially those in thoth for their elemental influence, are really good for personality mapping (or what to call it) in my case (and her).

Really interesting subject.