RWS Tarot 101 King of Wands

PAMUYA

King of Wands

As I am looking into the King of Wands I see a man sitting on a stone throne with lions (strength, royalty, courage, protection, beastly needs of the flesh) and salamanders ( vision enlightenment, rebirth) in a circle with their tail in their mouths engraved or printed on the stone. :confused:

Post about Salamanders: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=101257

The king sits holding the wand gently in his right hand, his left hand is empty. He is wearing a red (desires, passion) robe, his cloak is yellow (intelligence, contentment) with encircled salamanders with their tales in their mouths. Over his cloak is a green (adventure, sentimentality, nature, health) bib. He is wearing a gold necklace. I cannot make out what it is. Can anyone fill me in? :confused: This thread really dose not answer the question:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=42579

On his head a crown of gold. His hair is collar length like that of the queen. A salamander rests at the side of his throne, staring in the same direction as the King.

Direct: Role of father/boss, old fashioned, moral, loyal, slow to anger, moves forward with confidence, good advice, promotion, inheritance, public acknowledgement, generous, mentor.

Reversed: Arrogant, dictatorial, vain, nit picker, disapproving, prejudiced, unyielding, liar, broken promises, does not achieve goals, bitter, resentful, depression, absent father.

What do you see in the King of Wands? :?:

rcb30872

The hand he is has by his side, is clenched, almost like a fist. If that is the case, I would imagine that when he angers, he has a terrible temper, and is quite capable of inflicting a lot of pain on the other person. Being a wand, a fire sign, they are sort of act first and think later, or more in this case fight with someone and then ask questions later, which might work for some, but as a general rule of thumb, it doesn't. In one sense, he might be burning his bridges.

The way he is sitting in the chair, slightly forward makes me think that he is just about to get off his chair and do something. Which makes me think that he is the sort of person that likes to sit still, for too long. He wants to be out there, doing stuff, he has no time for waiting, he has little patience. Which comes down to the fact that, in my eyes, he is reckless, adventurous, impulsive and all of that.

He is a trailblazer, in a sense.

PAMUYA

Great points RCB! Thanks!