Crystal Study Group: Blue Kyanite

Padma

Having a crash - exhausted now. And finding that I am really wishing I could take off the Kyanite. It can sometimes feel exceedingly oppressive to wear. As I have both a large ring and a large pendant of it on, I think sometimes it is almost toooooo much! I think this stone needs to be taken in small doses, and only when necessary.

I find myself thirsting, oddly, for garnets. It must be some kind of antidote! lol...the cold blue of Kyanite can be irritating, and the hot dark blood red of garnet is soothing to me. I think that explains it. It is the opposite, really, of Kyanite for colour and vibration.

However, I did say one week of Kyanite...we'll see how long I last.

I do find the Kyanite creates a pressure on my head and chest, as though someone is pushing oppressively on me. The feeling comes and goes.

ETA the hand that the ring is on (right hand) is itchy, cold and tingling. Very annoying!

Padma

Well, I had to remove the Kyanite last night. I was trying to do a meditation with it, and all of my nerves were so highly strung I was unable to do it. It was very frustrating, as I felt the stone would be really powerful for that. However, my right hand, where the ring was, remained frozen last night, which I took as a sign that the session with it was done, so far as the crystal was concerned. Once I removed the ring, warmth returned. And the ring is very loose on me, so no, it wasn't cutting off my circulation!

However, it affects my physical being so much, that I was actually kind of in pain - as though all my nerves were stretched so tight, I was going to snap. I felt like glass under a huge amount of pressure. As though my cells were vibrating so hard I was about to shatter.

I do think Kyanite is very powerful, and that it is best to only use it in brief sessions - carry it around or wear it for a day or two, and then remove it...

It had an entirely physical impact on me, and so I think that is why I could only use it for so long. I will resume this thread at a later date.

I invite anyone who is working with Kyanite or has had experiences with it to jump in and add their imppression of it! (I wonder how PamO made out with the wands?) PamO, please add your two cents! lol!

Hiding in Shadows

First, thanks everyone for starting the study group. It's inspired me to start using some of my crystals that have been sitting neglected. I have trouble maintaining energy at work, so today I took along a blue kyanite tumble. At the end of the day my feet were sore, but my energy levels held all day. When I took it out of my pocket, it was like somebody just unplugged me. I crashed. It seemed like my intuition was a little sharper than usual, but I could not for the life of me shut up. I'm not a socialite either. Deep spiritual conversations were popping up all the time. I was surprised that this worked well for my energy. Typically, a ruby is my go to guy for that. Just my 2 cents, but an overall pleasant experience that I'll just have to repeat.

Padma

First, thanks everyone for starting the study group. It's inspired me to start using some of my crystals that have been sitting neglected. I have trouble maintaining energy at work, so today I took along a blue kyanite tumble. At the end of the day my feet were sore, but my energy levels held all day. When I took it out of my pocket, it was like somebody just unplugged me. I crashed. It seemed like my intuition was a little sharper than usual, but I could not for the life of me shut up. I'm not a socialite either. Deep spiritual conversations were popping up all the time. I was surprised that this worked well for my energy. Typically, a ruby is my go to guy for that. Just my 2 cents, but an overall pleasant experience that I'll just have to repeat.

glad it worked for you, Shadows :) I had a crash when I removed mine, too.

I am really glad you are participating! Jump in and talk anytime you like! The more, the merrier :) Please feel free to begin a thread and study as well, you just have to PM Hemera with the link and the stone :)

wildchilde

I have not started working with this stone yet...I literally just received mine today in a package with 10 other rough crystals. I just felt it was worth noting that every stone was individually wrapped in tissue and then paper for shipping, and I had to unwrap each one to see what it was...the BLUE KYANITE was the only one that I knew as soon as I picked it up before unwrapping that that is what it was. I just found that interesting. Will post again once I have had a chance to get to know it.

Padma

I have not started working with this stone yet...I literally just received mine today in a package with 10 other rough crystals. I just felt it was worth noting that every stone was individually wrapped in tissue and then paper for shipping, and I had to unwrap each one to see what it was...the BLUE KYANITE was the only one that I knew as soon as I picked it up before unwrapping that that is what it was. I just found that interesting. Will post again once I have had a chance to get to know it.

Cool! You already have a connection with it - that is awesome! :) Can't wait to see what it does for you ;)

DownwardSpiral

I am just now catching up with this thread. This crystal sounds very interesting. If I took it to work I would probably have to wait till I was outside : ) Haha I already get in trouble for talking. Lotus LOL @ your friend. It's interesting how crystals affect us all so differently, yet there is no doubt there IS some sort of affect. Also I think some crystals are only meant to be worked with for short periods of time which sounds like the case with this crystal. Lotus thanks so much for sharing your experiences with Blue Kyanite.

Padma

I am just now catching up with this thread. This crystal sounds very interesting. If I took it to work I would probably have to wait till I was outside : ) Haha I already get in trouble for talking. Lotus LOL @ your friend. It's interesting how crystals affect us all so differently, yet there is no doubt there IS some sort of affect. Also I think some crystals are only meant to be worked with for short periods of time which sounds like the case with this crystal. Lotus thanks so much for sharing your experiences with Blue Kyanite.

I am definitely interested to see how it affects you, DownwardS, as you really do seem to be very sensitive to the crystals.

As does WildC, who recognised the Kyanite even before it was out of the wrapper!

It is the comparison of our findings that I find so interesting...the similarites, and also the differences.

By the way, DownwardS, I saw 11:11 and 1:11 today - not just on the clock! the time I was writing about angels and the Angelite to a friend in an e-mail - it was 11:11; the length of a phone call to a friend - 1:11 minutes...and etc. Cool! :D

Chronata

There is a wealth of wonderful information here!

I wanted to start by saying that I walked into a store with an open mind, hoping to be drawn to something unusual or different. Because if I just go in and buy what catches my eye...I always end up with a citrine! :D

And it's funny that Pam O wrote about the properties of kyanite being similar to citrines...that made me laugh!

The first thing I noticed about the tiny kyanite wand that I purchased was that the energy made me calm. In fact the rock shop made me dizzy (all these amazing raw energies!) and holding the kyanite made me feel less anxious and more control while I was in the store.

Also... I had noticed my sense of smell (which is normally really highly developed) was gone that morning...but right after I bought it...my sense of smell came roaring back! I don't know if this was related to the stone...or a coincidence...but I think it might have had something to do with it.

I smacked my head on a car door yesterday, and I have a headache over my left eye because of it. I am going to work with kyanite a bit (and then maybe a few other stones) to see if it helps any.
I'll report back soon!

Padma

That's weird - I was just thinking about buying some Citrine this a.m.! lol...

I am really happy to see you here, Chronata, I can't wait to see how Kyanite affects you. Thanks SO much for jumping in - the more info the better! yay! Sounds like you are already off to an interesting beginning :)