My moldavite experience

Kurenai

I'm so excited that this stone has really outdone itself for you. I've read so many stories here about it, but it's so incredible that I remember the day you got it, and how much has happened since.

Not for the faint of heart, but you had the guts to start with such a powerful stone.

Looking forward to reading other experiences. I'm not ready for this stone, so I'll live vicariously through others! :laugh:

Well, a lot of people online (as well as the lady at the crystal store) told me that I would need a "grounding" stone when working with moldavite, so that might help lessen the impact of this powerful stone. I was actually thinking last night about purchasing a quartz bracelet or something. :)

Kurenai

Kurenai, no moldavite studies have been added yet to the studies index - maybe you can be the one to study it? I did Alexandrite, garnet, Labradorite, and Super 7...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175866

You can check out other studies if you want to see how they went about it :) Also, please PM Hemera, who moderates the subforum on crystals, so she can add you to the study index!

I think it is quite amazing that it has worked so quickly for you! :D

@ Elle_Muse, you might actually want to try it - it is also known as "the marriage stone" and is said to remove all impediment from in between your soul mate or twin soul, and yourself! :)

Great idea padma! I'm going to contact her this morning and see about starting a study index on moldavite. Will you and elle join?

And elle, do not be afraid. They say you know when you are ready for moldavite, and the fact that you are showing more and more interest as the days go on tells me that you perhaps you are.

Kurenai

Kurenai

When I handle moldavite I get a heady, dizzying rush and the world spins around me. I can't keep my balance when I'm holding it. It's not entirely unpleasant but it is very counter-productive! I don't dislike the stone but I find it too overwhelming to keep company with, which I find sad. Other stones that make themselves thoroughly unpleasant have a very different feel to me. This one just feels like it doesn't know its own strength.

It does, doesn't it? One website referred moldavite as a "strict and ruthless teacher." Do you think it is because your body is not used to it or not ready for it? I am not crystal expert so I'm just tossing out ideas here.

Padma

Well, a lot of people online (as well as the lady at the crystal store) told me that I would need a "grounding" stone when working with moldavite, so that might help lessen the impact of this powerful stone. I was actually thinking last night about purchasing a quartz bracelet or something. :)

Nooooooo! Not quartz! :bugeyed: Quartz amplifies everything you feel...it will only ramp up the moldavite to unbearable! :bugeyed: you saw that Lark had said, in our dailies thread, that she cannot work with moldavite and Herkimer, as it blows off the top of her head - Herkimer is quartz.

For grounding, use smoky topaz, or better yet, a red or black stone - onyx, tourmaline, hematite, garnet...or dark agates, like black agate, they are not expensive, and are super grounding. In fact, a black or brown or red agate might be your best bet. I would go with black, myself.

Kurenai

Nooooooo! Not quartz! :bugeyed: Quartz amplifies everything you feel...it will only ramp up the moldavite to unbearable! :bugeyed: you saw that Lark had said, in our dailies thread, that she cannot work with moldavite and Herkimer, as it blows off the top of her head - Herkimer is quartz.

For grounding, use smoky topaz, or better yet, a red or black stone - onyx, tourmaline, hematite, garnet...or dark agates, like black agate, they are not expensive, and are super grounding. In fact, a black or brown or red agate might be your best bet. I would go with black, myself.

O....K... Good to know!! Whew, I could have killed myself with my ignorance! :) Thanks padma.

celticnoodle

Padma, thanks for all the links. funny how Lark says she can't put her moldavite with the herkimer, as that one thread mentions moldavite is great to pair with herkimer!

I also didn't know it was known as "the marriage stone".

It is a powerful stone and for a long time I couldn't even sleep with it in my bedroom at all. I use to have to take it off and put it in another room. I would get terrible migraine headaches with it. Then I also paired it with pietersite--and that seemed to help and I was able to handle the moldavite. Now, I can keep it in my room w/o any noticeable issues.

As for that crystal study group, well, I would LOVE to also join in with it. I'm going to check it out, too.

pietersite is one really good grounding stone with moldavite and it's a beautiful stone too! Though the black stones are as well, and th erest that was recommended by Padma.

Thanks again for the links, Padma and Kurenai, for starting this thread! :)

Padma

O....K... Good to know!! Whew, I could have killed myself with my ignorance! :) Thanks padma.

Lol! Not killed yourself, but certainly - um - totally spaced yourself out! You don't want the moldavite to unseat you - you want it to help you attain your goals, and flush out what is not in your best interests...a nice workhorse like black tourmaline will harness the moldavite, and help it pull you gently forward ;)

Padma

pietersite is one really good grounding stone with moldavite and it's a beautiful stone too! Though the black stones are as well, and th erest that was recommended by Padma.

Thanks again for the links, Padma and Kurenai, for starting this thread! :)

Pietersite and Mookite are both excellent grounding stones, I can see how your pietersite helped you work with your moldavite, CN :)

Anyone can add to the study group threads with their experiences, using whichever crystal the thread refers to :)

elle_muse

Great idea padma! I'm going to contact her this morning and see about starting a study index on moldavite. Will you and elle join?

And elle, do not be afraid. They say you know when you are ready for moldavite, and the fact that you are showing more and more interest as the days go on tells me that you perhaps you are.

Ok, I'm ready! I'm a gutsy woman anyway.

And I'm in.:)