cinnamon

celticnoodle

Another Cinnamon lover here. :)

I have a pumpkin pie spice smoothie almost everyday not just for the yumm; but for the health benefits. I love cinnamon tea too.

Even though they are across the country from me, I order cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice by the pound (cinnamon lasts forever if not ground) l from Mountain Rose Herbs. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

My favorite cinnamon for medicinal and taste is Ceylon which is healthier than the more common Cassia:

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/ceylon-cinnamon.html

Yes, the Ceylon is healthier I've read and maybe more expensive, but depending on how you are using it and what for, I guess its worth the extra monies. thanks for these sites, I'll be checking them out!

celticnoodle

I'm another cinnamon lover and, like Disa, I put it in my coffee every morning, too. :thumbsup: I find that it cuts the acid in the coffee, just makes it taste better, really!

After looking at your link that lists so many health benefits, I'm inspired to look for some more products like the candles and oil. The brooms sound great, but probably couldn't get them just yet since our dog is still pretty young and may end up chewing them up. :D

I'm more of a tea drinker myself, but I do love cinnamon tea. And, this time of year, my husband and I often will make a Swedish drink called *glogg*. it uses cinnamon sticks and its mulled red wine that is warmed up. DELICIOUS! :D I can't wait to make some. We'll do so this weekend, I think, as we are planning to put up our Christmas tree this weekend, since we'll be heading to the kids house on Sunday or Monday.

celticnoodle

Oh dear, there must be something very wrong with me. I really hate the stinging smell of cinnamon but desperately wish I didn't! It is really SO good for us, I know, and I really WANT to enjoy 'the scents of Autumn' ... but that harsh, loo-cleaner-like, bitter, disinfectant, medical (or dentists')-like smell almost hurts the back of my throat and makes me feel scared & sick.
How can I get over this awful reaction? I love other spices! :(

Seriously - is there a way to re-train one's reaction & de-sensitise revulsion to pleasure? I love the whole IDEA of cinnamon!

:laugh: no, probably not. My husband can only take so much of it as well as he finds it a bit too strong. Even in tasting it. I will suck on the cinnamon candies all day long and it drives him nuts because he can smell it and it bothers him.

Perhaps just buying cinnamon oil and using a very small amount of it will work for you?

celticnoodle

Starshower, you might want to try ground Ceylon cinnamon.

It is more subtle, it's milder, and slightly sweeter than the traditional cassia. If it's not in the spice section, it might be in the organic section of your market.

yes, or this! :thumbsup:

banbha

It is more a little more expensive but worth it.

I buy both. I use Cassia sticks for crafty stuff and incense.

Torann

I use cinnamon scent for the money purposes too. I'm told it enhances "trade". :)

Starshower

Dear banbha, good idea! Now I know there are different types, I shall try the one you suggest. I live out in the country with only a few small shops, but next time we drive 50 miles to a town, I'll seek out some ground Ceylon (Sri Lankan?) cinnamon. Or maybe order some online. :)

Celticnoodle - thanks! I'll try the other sort, and sniff some oil if a health food shop has any, next time I'm in a town.

I don't understand what the money thing means, though. How can a spice attract cash or trade, unless you're selling it at a profit, maybe? Best of luck in your venture! It is good stuff. :)

ncharge

I spent a few months last year absolutely PERFECTING cinnamon ice cream. Gained 30 pounds. It was so worth it!

Torann

Dear banbha, good idea! Now I know there are different types, I shall try the one you suggest. I live out in the country with only a few small shops, but next time we drive 50 miles to a town, I'll seek out some ground Ceylon (Sri Lankan?) cinnamon. Or maybe order some online. :)

Celticnoodle - thanks! I'll try the other sort, and sniff some oil if a health food shop has any, next time I'm in a town.

I don't understand what the money thing means, though. How can a spice attract cash or trade, unless you're selling it at a profit, maybe? Best of luck in your venture! It is good stuff. :)

i don't know either, but then again people use scents for all sorts of thing... [emoji4]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Smiling

I'm more of a tea drinker myself, but I do love cinnamon tea. And, this time of year, my husband and I often will make a Swedish drink called *glogg*. it uses cinnamon sticks and its mulled red wine that is warmed up. DELICIOUS! :D I can't wait to make some. We'll do so this weekend, I think, as we are planning to put up our Christmas tree this weekend, since we'll be heading to the kids house on Sunday or Monday.

Sounds yummy :D