Ludy Lescot - Nines

Aerin

It's all getting very wintery/ late autumn in these cards.

The Nine of Cups looks oh-so-triumphant, blood running down his chin/chest and a ???body??? somwhere behind him lying on the grass. The cups have light coming from them and all are inscribed with pentagrams. He also has blood on his left hand.

The Nine of Pentacles is very beautiful, raven haired and with a raven as a companion. The ?grave? she's sitting on has one of those eye-in-pyramids carved on it and she's holding a black rose. The roses spilled on the floor by her feet are mainly red but there is also a black one. Here shoes have pentagrams on them.

Miss 9 of Swords looks as if she has even more to be worried about than the 8, although I wonder if the swords are for her protection for all they are pointing inwards there doesn't seem to be anyone on the other end of them. She's curled up on the brown leaves clutching a cross and there are bite marks on her neck. Is she the body in the 9 of Cups???

The 9 of Wands has nine walking sticks with different handles next to her, laid out on a white cloth. She's leaning on a gravestone with Patrik written on it; the gravestone in the distance has Ludy Lescot written on it. She's holding a letter and looks very thoughtful. She had better watch herself though: there's a wolf entering the graveyard. By the looks of the light, it is either sunset (my money on this) or possibly dawn.

Hemera

The Nine of Cups looks oh-so-triumphant, blood running down his chin/chest and a ???body??? somwhere behind him lying on the grass. The cups have light coming from them and all are inscribed with pentagrams. He also has blood on his left hand.
He doesn´t look very nice really. But he is..ahem..well endowed..[blush..]

The Nine of Pentacles is very beautiful, raven haired and with a raven as a companion. Her shoes have pentagrams on them.
Oh I never noticed her shoes. Interesting..

Is she the body in the 9 of Cups???
Good point, well spotted!

She's leaning on a gravestone with Patrik written on it;
It could be Partrick Rat, couldn´t it? !}) :p

She had better watch herself though: there's a wolf entering the graveyard.
I think the wolf is her guide or helper or companion? It could be her mate who has shapeshifted? Could the the red stuff on the letter be blood from her wrist?

MaineGirl117

9/cups

I've done some reading about the 9/cups. One theory being a carry over from the RWS 8/cups that a gap is missing in the stack of cups and the figure is heading off in search of 'what's missing'.

If you look at this picture of the 9/cups, there *might* be a gap in the circle surrounding him, on the left side (he's still looking for his 10th? 'Happy Ever After'?)

Could this link into the search for 'the grail'?

Winterchild

Nine of Swords

This is from a three card reading I did today, based on a relationship question. The Nine of Swords came up second.

The Nine of Swords shows a female lying on the ground surrounded by swords, yet none are actually piercing her flesh.She clutches a cross, the last vestige of faith... this is her truth and her light, her very inner self, and that part of her is still innocent and pure and unharmed. By retreating into her safe place she can begin to build up her life again from the inside out. Nothing can harm her anymore.

The full reading is on my blog.

kaushalyaandfrank

This is from a three card reading I did today, based on a relationship question. The Nine of Swords came up second.

The Nine of Swords shows a female lying on the ground surrounded by swords, yet none are actually piercing her flesh.She clutches a cross, the last vestige of faith... this is her truth and her light, her very inner self, and that part of her is still innocent and pure and unharmed. By retreating into her safe place she can begin to build up her life again from the inside out. Nothing can harm her anymore.

The full reading is on my blog.

Wonderful, this seems to be a perfect interpretation of this card :)

kaushalyaandfrank

9 of Chalices

In this case the LWB suggests a warning regarding the underlying nature of desire. On the other hand, it holds out hope that we can obtain whatever we are striving for.

kaushalyaandfrank

9 of Pentacles

The LWB quote seems complex here. I can think of a few possible interpretations including:

1) Even after multiple tragedies ("several deaths") we can always re-learn the joys of life ("smell the perfume").
2) Just when we thought we'd moved on ("with no flowers") another tragedy may strike ("only to smell...once again").

Would anyone like to add their ten cents on this LWB quote?

kaushalyaandfrank

9 of Wands

The LWB seems to say that in life, we should move forwards being mindful of the impact events have on us. Positive events can build us but negative events have the potential to destroy our experience unless we are very careful with how we internalize them.

kaushalyaandfrank

The LWB quote seems complex here. I can think of a few possible interpretations including:

1) Even after multiple tragedies ("several deaths") we can always re-learn the joys of life ("smell the perfume").
2) Just when we thought we'd moved on ("with no flowers") another tragedy may strike ("only to smell...once again").

Would anyone like to add their ten cents on this LWB quote?

My favorite interpretation of this card follows:

"A tomb is sad with no flowers."

A tomb may have no flowers because the mourners are no longer visiting to pay their respects. In other words, at some point they move on and then the tomb is left behind.

"But we can die several deaths only to smell the perfume of the roses once again."

However, there will always be other tragedies in life. Those will call upon us once again to pay our respects. Tragedies are a part of life. As such we cannot dwell on them forever, we must move on.