The Tarots of the Sphinx pricing

GlitterNova

Hello everyone. I happen to own a copy of Lo Scarabeo's out of print Tarots of the Sphinx. I don't use it and it's pretty much like new condition. Now, I've been thinking about selling some of my unused decks and I happened to stumble upon the Amazon listing of this deck: https://www.amazon.com/Tarot-Sphinx-Lo-Scarabeo/dp/0738700096 Looks at those prices! Is that a weird fluke or is this deck really worth that much? I have a hard time seeing someone pay $300 let alone $3,000 for this deck.

Rhinemaiden

It's worth what someone will actually pay for it. Asking isn't getting.

mrpants

Amazon is not a reliable or accurate source for out-of-print item value, for many, many reasons. NO one actually pays those prices. Your deck is worth whatever the market will bear, right now I'd guess $25-$150 depending on who you asked.

ETA: I feel like that reads as rather salty; I apologize for my tone. I really, really don't like Amazon, and that listing is a great example of one of my reasons why. That's a really neat deck, though! If you are a paid member, have you considered offering it for trade or sale in the Trading forum? You'll know it's going to a good home :)