Deviant Moon Tarot

Arcana XV

6 Haunted Days said:
I had asked Jeanette at Tarot Garden about them getting this deck in...pre-order or otherwise...and she said USG has never mentioned it...well I just got an email from her as she heard back from USG regarding her questions about the Deviant Moon....sad to say it doesn't look good.....

Just heard back from USG (on a Sunday... interesting). The report is that the Deviant Moon, and also the Sacred Art Tarot, are "not at the printer, and still some months away from release."

So guess we'll have to wait :( That totally sucks!

As always a huge thanks to Jeanette for keeping me (and us) informed though :)

Well, that sucks. :(

Oh well. There goes my Xmas present...

teomat

I know everyone says there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ deck, but just looking at the samples makes me feel like my collecting days are over!!

Like the 78th Fool, I’m a big fan of the Fergus Hall deck, but really wish it had scenic minors. However it’s what I’ve always thought a tarot deck should be – quirky, mysterious, slightly humourous but also a little bit sinister. I’ve spent a long time trying to find a substitute, and although I like most of the decks I’ve bought, I’ve always longed for that ‘special’ one.

And I think the Deviant Moon is the end of the journey. All the decks I’ve been thinking about buying have been forgotten. Nothing else in my collection comes close. In fact, I’m already thinking of how to offload my decks!

Thanks Moonboy for deciding to share such wonderful, mysterious, haunting and expressive cards with us.

From me and my long-suffering wallet. :D

thorhammer

teomat said:
In fact, I’m already thinking of how to offload my decks!
Um, yeah . . . *raises hand* Hi! Over here! *points to Trading thread* And I bags . . . oh, don't even get me started *sigh* :D

\m/ Kat

The 78th Fool

6 Haunted Days said:
I had asked Jeanette at Tarot Garden about them getting this deck in...pre-order or otherwise...and she said USG has never mentioned it...well I just got an email from her as she heard back from USG regarding her questions about the Deviant Moon....sad to say it doesn't look good.....

Just heard back from USG (on a Sunday... interesting). The report is that the Deviant Moon, and also the Sacred Art Tarot, are "not at the printer, and still some months away from release."

So guess we'll have to wait :( That totally sucks!

As always a huge thanks to Jeanette for keeping me (and us) informed though :)

That's majorly disappointing :( Nevertheless, the wait will be worth it. In the meantime i'm looking forward to the completion of Patricks web site so that we can see the full deck.

Chris. xx

lunakasha

6 Haunted Days said:

That news makes me very unhappy. :( *sigh*

But knowing the history of USG/amazon and delayed release dates, I am not really surprised.

Oh well....as Sphinxmoth mentioned earlier, I will wait for however long it takes, and try to relish the time as sweet anticipation....(and getting a preview over at Patrick's website will certainly make it less painful, LOL!).

It will be worth the wait....I am learning more patience every day!

:) Luna

lunakasha

Sphinxmoth said:
however long it takes, that's how long I'll wait. anticipation, as they say,
is half the fun. a little tingly torture can go a long way..

i, too, preordered at Amazon. let em kick it off the list later if they will,
like they did my Golden Botticelli, I have the tenacity of a gila monster,
they will be in my hot little hands someday...

I just had to go back and find that wonderful quote...."tingly torture" pretty much sums it up for me too, LOL!

Someday....hopefully sooner rather than later.

;) Luna

pippi

What a darkly delicious deck! I can't wait to see more images!!

IndigoWonders

Maybe we'll luck out and the release date of a couple months will still be January. This is November after all. November, December, January. You never know. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

6 Haunted Days

IndigoWonders said:
Maybe we'll luck out and the release date of a couple months will still be January. This is November after all. November, December, January. You never know. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Well considering that email stating it was months away from being printed was written just Sunday, the 25th, I wouldn't count November. Perhaps December, January...beginning of Febuary? They never said a couple months, they said "some" which sounds vague but a lot longer than 2 months. Either way, I'm not going obsess over it, it'll come when it comes. Hopefully the Bohemian Gothic will get printed and shipped out soon, and that's what I'm really waiting and anxious for, and that will keep me plenty occupied. Who knows, maybe USG will get their act together and make it happen fast.

I do hope that the DM website goes online soon though, I'd like to see all the cards, to get a more coherent feel of the deck. And this is definately looks like a deck that screams for a really well-written companion book. Any takers? ;)

Moonboy

The deck is going to be "unveiled"" at INATS east in January. I would say, from what I know now, that everything is about a month or so away....January seems to be the indicator I get.

I think my website will BE the companion to the deck, lol...for now, anyway.
I am almost finished with it. I will also post a few more cards to check out in the meantime.

Thanks SO much for your comments, friends!

Regards,
Patrick