Soul Cards

thirdlibra

By Deborah Koff-Chapin. I did a search, but nothing came up. Anyone have them?

I just got this deck recently and I'm so in love with the imagery. I haaaate the finish, though - they are so sticky, and the sample deck in the store was PEELING.

Is there any easy fix for stickiness? I've heard of fanning powder, is this It's purpose? Where do you acquire it?

Debra

Fanning powder is a special kind of powder--much slicker than talc--sold as "magician's fanning powder" online and at novelty & magic shops. Not too pricey, a little jar will last the rest of your life and beyond. It's terrific for sticky cards although it won't help with the peeling problem.

I did have the two Soul Cards decks and I can see why you like them :) although I felt they were a bit heavy for my needs. Let us know how it goes when you read with them!

eta: I found "fanning powder" on amazon.co.uk but if you have a novelty/magic shop anywhere nearby they're sure to have it. I bought a little bottle of it for about $10 US and as I said, it will last for-ev-er!

thirdlibra

Thanks for the info and for the links! I figured there had to be threads already - I'm on mobile, so maybe that's why they didn't show up. I do understand what you mean about them being heavy. I've used them a fair bit, and for me, I rather use no more than 3 cards with this deck at once. I mostly use ut as an extra guide card with a tarot spread. It adds a lot of depth that way. But on its own, it's almost eerie. All the similar faces and the dark colors. I do love the deck though, so far. I'll be picking up Soul Cards 2 I'm sure.

thirdlibra

One thing I'm finding this spread is phenomenal for is chakra readings. It digs right down into those.

theboomz

I'm not sure I have much to add, but I did want to comment that I have both decks and I love them.
I have used them in Tarot readings where I draw one Soul Card to supplement the reading and it's been really rewarding. I'm one of those people that doesn't really believe in "magic" of cards, for lack of a better word, and these amaze me every time. I also recently found someone that does Tarotscopes on you tube, and the first videos I found of this person, she was pulling three Soul Cards along with her readings, and it made them very deep. It was nice to see someone doing what I was doing as well. :p

Wendywu

I had these and thought they were very revealing.

I wish now that I'd thought of using them as a shadow card for a tarot spread - I think it could bring a lot of depth to a reading. I might have to see if I can find another set!

frac_ture

I have both sets of Soul Cards. It's funny: most of the time when I think about using them, their total lack of structure makes me reconsider and set the notion (and the cards themselves) aside...so they sit unused for long periods of time. When I do make the effort to push past that unease, though, and I just shut up and use them...I always have really excellent results! It's a little jarring to go from the relatively structured nature of Tarot and of many Oracle decks, to the completely free-form realm of the Soul Cards, but on the whole, I'd say that if the artwork speaks to you, they're definitely worth a tryout.