Solar return asc same as natal asc

Nytebugg

I can't seem to find much information on this. What sort of significance is there when you have your solar return ascendant the same as your natal. My solar return asc is about 2 degrees into the natal first house. So far I have only found a handful of forum posts on other forums that say it can be a transformational year. I know, of course, that there is more to the chart than just this element.

dadsnook2000

Solar Return angles

Hello, I am assuming that you have cast a Tropical Zodiac Solar Return. After 40 years of study and practice, I have long ago recognized that precession-correction needs to be applied to any cyclic chart whose date is separated by many years from the natal chart. This, of course, would give you significantly different angles.

If you are living at or near your birth place, this Ascendant at the natal Ascendant in a Solar Return means that you are looking at your 23rd year. If you were using a p.c. S/R and this occurred, it would be for your 39th year. This is because the MC of a Solar Return advances about 90 degrees per year and the Sun moves to a position 3 houses away from the previous year's house position. This is a signature of a cyclic chart as it is repetitive and regular in its changing.

When the angles of a S/R coincide with the angles of a natal chart, one is likely to have a "rebirth" of some type. It will depend upon where the planets are near the angles of the chart and how the S/R planets interact with the natal planets. My new book, Personal Prediction is to be released this coming Saturday and addresses the use of p.c. S/R charts and how to advance them on a day-by-day basis to be able to see what will happen on what day of the following year. I'll be posting an announcement next week on its availability and the ISBN number. I'll be happy to answer further questions. Dave

Ronia

I can't seem to find much information on this. What sort of significance is there when you have your solar return ascendant the same as your natal. My solar return asc is about 2 degrees into the natal first house. So far I have only found a handful of forum posts on other forums that say it can be a transformational year. I know, of course, that there is more to the chart than just this element.

From what I know, when houses of the SR coincide with natal ones, the year gives the querent the opportunity to realize much of their natal potential, thus reinforcing what has been given at birth as abilities or possibilities or chances, etc. However, in SR I always look for planets conjunct angles or natal planets because from my experience they are needed to bring events. The houses themselves... I'm not sure. If there are no planets they don't work much in my SRs, at least. And the other way around - even if houses do not coincide, a house of the SR with a planet conjunct natal planet or angle in it, almost always brings events, depending on the naure of the planet and house/angle. SR planets who are conjunct SR angles and relate to other SR planets (tight orbit, I usually look for 1-2 degrees, preferably 1) are also important even if they don't relate to a natal angle/planet, and act based on what they rule in the SR. IMHO.

Minderwiz

When the angles of a S/R coincide with the angles of a natal chart, one is likely to have a "rebirth" of some type. It will depend upon where the planets are near the angles of the chart and how the S/R planets interact with the natal planets.

I think that's a good way of putting it.

Dave's book is something of a challenge if you are a newcomer to Astrology but it's more than worth the effort required to work your way through it. A definite recommendation.

From a Traditional Astrologer's perspective, the Solar Return is a Tropical one. This is perhaps more to do with the co-incidence or near co-incidence of the Tropical and Sideral zodiacs some 1200 - 2000 years ago. Whether the same Astrologers living today would still use it is one of those questions that can't be answered, though it can be thoroughly discussed over a bottle of wine. :)

Solar Returns used to be seen as one part of a predictive system rather than a stand alone approach, so as well as being an indicator or a return or relaunch by having your SR the same as your natal ascendant, you would also consider where your Ascendant Ruler was in your natal chart and where it is in the Return chart and what condition it was and is in now. Also what planets are transiting your Ascendant Ruler. Traditionally other currently activated planets would also be considered as well, using such techniques as Annual Profections or Primary Directions to provide a wider context to make a considered judgement.

skywatching

Hi Nytebugg

I remember in 2008 I had my solar return ascendant on the exact degree of my natal ascendant and that year was a very significant one for me. I made some very big changes in my life, so I do agree with the "rebirth" description. I think depending on where planets are placed and in what houses makes a difference as to what area of your life get's most of the focus / change.

For me it was all areas of my life, home, work, health and love and in fact it was actually one of the best years of my life !! :)

Nytebugg

Thank you all for the well worded replies. I truly appreciate you taking the time. I'm going to have to look at it some more over the next few weeks.
I look forward to finding out more info about Dave's book although it might be a bit over my head.