Birth Time Missing

bleudiamond

Is there any way to discern an accurate birth time other than actually knowing it?
Like a way of working backwards?

I've always wanted to get into astrology but my official birth certificate doesn't have the time (does not even have my father's place of birth) and no one seems to remember it the same. My mother claims 11 a.m., my dad insists it was more like 3 p.m. The only thing my parents remember about my birth is an embarrassing story about how fast I came out.

It leaves me with about a 4 hour window of uncertainty which changes a lot of things in my chart, even the Ascendent apparently. : /

Edit: Ahh I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here. I did not mean to ask a question that has been probably asked so much before. Sorry, I should research more before I post as this process appears to be complicated and time consuming.. not exactly something I could fathom right now. Hrm. Consider me off to do my homework.

dadsnook2000

A toss up

Finding the correct birth time versus finding a workable birth time can be much the same thing or it can be a difficult thing to do depending upon the person. Let me explain. I had recently attempted to find a birth time for a person who claimed to have been born within a two and a half hour time frame --- which, in her case, meant that she either had a Gemini or a Cancer Ascendant. This person moved about the globe, and within her large sized country (more than one time zone).

She felt she had to have a Gemini Ascendant. The only time that worked was outside of her "window" of time and indicated a Cancer Ascendant. She was adamant that it had to be earlier even though none of the events/places checked out. It was evident in the chart that other factors (planetary patterns) contributed to her personality and life style. With this feeling about not wanting a Cancer Ascendant I let the whole matter drop and chose not do more chart work.

Rectifying a chart, in some cases, is difficult, even in simple cases. At other times, the answer just jumps out at you and a workable "time" can be verified easily. Such is the case with the current subject of my blog at www.ninthhouse.wordpress.com What you seek can take a lot of time and work, essentially trying multiple birth times/charts at 15 minute or half-hour intervals, then checking out each time/chart against several other events in your life ---- information which you have to be willing to share and be open about. Dave

Astraea

bleudiamond, if you were born in a hospital, medical charts would have been maintained for both you and your mother during the hospital stay; you can write to the Medical Records department at the hospital and ask for a copy of the face sheet of your baby chart, which often has a notation of birthtime. You'll be sent a release form to sign before the information will be given to you.

A certified copy of your birth certificate has a raised seal - does yours? Many times, a birth certificate issued by the hospital looks official, but does not include the birth time; a certified copy of the birth certificate is issued by the state (not the hospital), and quite often lists the time. You can obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate through http:///www.vitalchek.com . Application is made online, and you must submit proof of identity via fax or photo attachment. The cost is around $50, which covers VitalChek's research fee and postage.

A family Bible, scrapbook or other baby record might have been maintained by your mother or grandmother; if so, it might mention your birth time.

bleudiamond

Late update: I know.

The one I ordered from the state did have a seal but apparently it was a short form birth certificate; not wanting to dish out more cash for it, my mind sort of wandered off to other endeavors. I have to laugh though because yesterday, on mother's day, my mom handed me a big stack of documents/diplomas/pictures of mine she had found while spring cleaning. There it was right on top, my long form birth certificate. Mystery solved. lol

Astraea

Glad you have the info now! Better late than never! :D

celticnoodle

I've always wanted to get into astrology but my official birth certificate doesn't have the time (does not even have my father's place of birth) and no one seems to remember it the same. My mother claims 11 a.m., my dad insists it was more like 3 p.m. The only thing my parents remember about my birth is an embarrassing story about how fast I came out.

It leaves me with about a 4 hour window of uncertainty which changes a lot of things in my chart, even the Ascendent apparently. : /

Late update: I know.

The one I ordered from the state did have a seal but apparently it was a short form birth certificate; not wanting to dish out more cash for it, my mind sort of wandered off to other endeavors. I have to laugh though because yesterday, on mother's day, my mom handed me a big stack of documents/diplomas/pictures of mine she had found while spring cleaning. There it was right on top, my long form birth certificate. Mystery solved. lol

Okay. so nosey me wants to know! :laugh: was your dad correct or your mother?

My hubby's birth certificate is the same way--no time listed, and being the middle child (he always says he suffers from middle child syndrome), no one can remember the time he was born. We did have to get a certified copy of his birth certificate when we married, but that didn't have the time either, so we have no idea--for 24hours--when he was born. I hate the thought of trying to figure HIS out! :eek:

I'm glad your mom did some spring cleaning and that you found the answer to your riddle. :)

bleudiamond

Lol! I don't know how I'd deal with a 24 hour window, that's rough! Maybe one day your hubby will magically receive his original birth certificate like me. : )

Funnily, my parents were both sort of half right as the official time is 12:39 pm. I would have been roughly 20 minutes off by just going in-between their guesses.

I guess this is a public service announcement to always visit your mother on mother's day. ; )

celticnoodle

Lol! I don't know how I'd deal with a 24 hour window, that's rough! Maybe one day your hubby will magically receive his original birth certificate like me. : )

Funnily, my parents were both sort of half right as the official time is 12:39 pm. I would have been roughly 20 minutes off by just going in-between their guesses.

I guess this is a public service announcement to always visit your mother on mother's day. ; )

Thank you! :)

:laugh: yes, you're right--ALWAYS visit mom on mothers day!

(hint hint - hope my daughter sees/or hears this!!!) :D