Ruler of the ascendant

Minderwiz

Interesting. Early March is his Birthday. On St. Patrick's day that month we booked a two week trip to Hawaii to visit my brother, left the 1st of April. That was the firs time that a family member got long term exposure to what he was really like. He's a serious alcoholic. I felt safe around my brother and my ex couldn't go to extremes, at least in his behavior towards me, because of this. I got fed up with how things were knowing that things, at least for me, could be so much better. My health was suffering from the stress of it all. I can remember going to the top of a dormant volcano on Maui to watch the sunset. Magical moment there. Probably embedded in that experience was an important mental turning point in my decision to leave, though it remained unacknowledged until later that year.

Even more 'interesting' is that as you have an Aries Ascendant, your seventh house cusp is in Libra, ruled by Venus. Venus is therefore a significator of your husband/partner (not the only one but an important one). During this period in 2009 Venus stationed Rx in the sign of it's detriment, so it was debilitated both essentially and accidentally. The second conjunction with Mars occurred in the sixth house of the Return Chart - making Venus even more debilitated.

Debilitated Venus often signifies excessive drinking, drugs, or adultery (though not particularly all at once). At that time your alcoholic husband is clearly signified prominently in your life. Whilst Mars is a significator of violence (and it may be here as well) it's also a significator of action and doing things, often with a sense of urgency and drive. This does look like an astrological event that mirrors your need to take action relating to your husband's behaviour.

There were signs of a change in relationships, as a new period began on 1 July 2009 and lasted for a year before there was a major change. I would guess this period covered the formal break up. As the period was ruled by Jupiter, it looks like it was beneficial to you, though it might not have seemed so at the time. A Capricorn sub-period began on the last day of July, 2009 and Capricorn is your MC. The MC is not only associated with career, it has basic associations with your public actions and this particular sub period was the time you moved out.

Venus doesn't always have to signify your husband/partner, as it also rules your second house and in your natal chart Venus is not debilitated, far from it. It's just that for this period of 2009 it actually was signalling that change in your life.

MaineGirl117

Even more 'interesting' is that as you have an Aries Ascendant, your seventh house cusp is in Libra, ruled by Venus. Venus is therefore a significator of your husband/partner (not the only one but an important one). During this period in 2009 Venus stationed Rx in the sign of it's detriment, so it was debilitated both essentially and accidentally. The second conjunction with Mars occurred in the sixth house of the Return Chart - making Venus even more debilitated.

Oh thank you thank you thank you for this confirmation!! If I may connect this with Tarot, I have always wondered why 'potential' husband candidates came up as the Empress!! Seriously, I thought I was losing it for a while there. Then I just accepted that card without any real explanation as to WHY it came up that way. I worked it out later on my own, and it has a lot to do with the fact that I have a very outwardly masculine "drive" to my nature, always seeking that balanced "other". I did accept the fact that this card could be me too, since it sits in my first house and is also ruler of Taurus. Which leads me to...

Debilitated Venus often signifies excessive drinking, drugs, or adultery (though not particularly all at once). At that time your alcoholic husband is clearly signified prominently in your life. Whilst Mars is a significator of violence (and it may be here as well) it's also a significator of action and doing things, often with a sense of urgency and drive. This does look like an astrological event that mirrors your need to take action relating to your husband's behaviour.

9 of Pentacles. Venus in Virgo. I was a trophy wife. Swaddled in nice clothes and nice jewelry, constantly traveling to far off places in the winter time. While I love to travel and I do love nice things, I hated the fact that I was to wear them so he could show off his wealth. His friends scraped for every penny they made, barely fed their kids at times, and he sat there pointing out the jewelry, the next vacation, like it was nothing to him. Made me very conscientious of myself! *I* did not like how he constantly tallied his money and assets. He also had a problem with drugs in the past, was unfaithful in our marriage, and to this day (I think) has an alcohol problem. Wow. When I finally decided to leave, it took me only 4 days to make a plan and carry it through. Divorced 90 days later due to the fact that I left everything behind, made no claims in court towards anything material at all. Totally wiped the slate clean and started from scratch.

There were signs of a change in relationships, as a new period began on 1 July 2009 and lasted for a year before there was a major change. I would guess this period covered the formal break up. As the period was ruled by Jupiter, it looks like it was beneficial to you, though it might not have seemed so at the time. A Capricorn sub-period began on the last day of July, 2009 and Capricorn is your MC. The MC is not only associated with career, it has basic associations with your public actions and this particular sub period was the time you moved out.

This is true. I had the plan and everything coordinated by the end of July. By August 4th I had moved out. The divorce was not financially beneficial to me, but it did give me my life back. And that, my dear Watson, was priceless.

Venus doesn't always have to signify your husband/partner, as it also rules your second house and in your natal chart Venus is not debilitated, far from it. It's just that for this period of 2009 it actually was signalling that change in your life.

I still have a lot to learn about astrology, but this has been extremely informative. Now I understand quite a bit about my Tarot draws, not to mention a bit more about astrology and how Venus affects me as she moves. I had thought that Jupiter was the significator for a husband, and being that Jupiter rules Pisces and I have this in my 6th house in the sign of Libra, I thought it pointed towards my 1st husband (who ended up being my "enemy"). With Saturn conjunct Jupiter I associated these two with the tremendous weight gain that occurred through the course of the marriage due to mental stress.

Thank you so much for your time M. I appreciate you taking a look-see at my chart and providing me with information that I would have not been able to deduce on my own - at this point anyway :) I hope my feedback has been helpful to you as well :thumbsup:

Minderwiz

...... it's been like that since he entered Scorpio last year, just the pressure grows and grows as he keeps going back and forth over my Sun. It's hopeless.

In Libra Saturn was in exaltation and in an Air sign (of which he is a Triplicity Ruler). Scorpio is a different kettle of fish. At the moment Saturn is in the Terms of Mars, as well as Mar's Rulership - Saturn is not a very Martial planet and indeed as Mars is also a Triplicity ruler (Nocturnal) he's not in the best of essential dignity. Saturn is Peregrine in Scorpio till the last half dozen degrees, which is a fair way off yet. So even before he turned Rx he's been in bad shape. Retrograde simply makes things a bit worse.

You are now seeing debilitated Saturn at his 'best(?)' Sorry but if it's any consolation the rest of us have to deal with it too. In my case he's had a criss crossing my IC, :( though luckily he stopped a couple of degrees before my Venus before going Rx,

Ronia

Yes, I know he's not at his best there. It's just that till now Saturn has overall been beneficial for me, regardless which sign he was in, he actually acted more in terms of the house he was crossing, bringing resolutions and gifts, being the Asc ruler. Apparently, being over the Sun changes the situation. However, from an astrological point of view, I still find it interesting that he keeps acting very much to the point in books - the moment he stepped over my Sun, my energy level got much lower, now my teeth are in bad condition (never had problems with teeth before!). All the rest is full blockage. Whatever I try to invest my energy (Sun) in, is blocked. But I still expect the trine from Jupiter towards the summer to help as it will conjunct natal Mars. Hope remains. LOL I'm on the way to two major progression aspects - Mercury trine Jupiter and Venus trine Mars, so... :D The progressed New Moon last year was very strongly felt, we'll see how things will develop now but I know what I want. :D

On the other hand, I do realise the lesson is worthy. Patience and perseverance. :) I don't know if a peregrine planet would bring a sense of purpose though... Because to me the purpose is crystally clear. :D I'm just thinking here in terms of "terms" LOL and real life. Being peregrine he would be lacking direction, no?

I hope your summer will be good too!