Astrological Signs & Divination

TheGirlFiasco

Hello, all!
I'm not sure if anyone else has asked a similar question, but I had a question related to both astrological signs and divination.
Is there any information on certain astrological signs being more adept at divination. For example, I heard that Pisces are very intuitive, therefore they might find it easier to tap into the spiritual plane, and interpret divination results. Is this true?
I've also heard that a person's moon sign has the most influence over this?

Please let me know if any of you have any information to sate my curiosity!
Thank you!

Minderwiz

We have had similar questions before but this is something that is clearly of interest, so another one is fine. Firstly it depends what you mean by 'divnination' and whether you see divination as being based primarily on instinctive and intuitive faculties or whether you see it as a link to the spiritual plane, which in some way is 'paranormal'. I'm assuming the latter for much of my reply.

The usual answer that you will receive is that it's connected to Pisces - this view has been held for most of the last 100 years and stems from Alan Leo's association of Pisces with the (then) newly discovered Neptune, which he identified with the coming of the New Age (along with Uranus). 'Pisces' here is shorthand for someone with Sun in Pisces.

A slightly more sophisticated view of this would be to shift attention to Neptune and to suggest it's someone with Neptune in the 12th house (which, for many modern Astrologers, corresponds with Pisces, the 12th sign). This approach is better in my view, simply because it's planets that are the active part of Astrology, not signs (which merely modify the planet's 'energy').

Personally, I'd be more inclined to look at the Moon, which traditionally rules the 'animal' mind - our instinctive reactions. However, instinct and intuition are not necessarily a link to the spiritual plane (though they may be a necessary, if not sufficient requirement).

Othes would look to the Nodes, as these are now associated with Karma (a concept that was introduced into Western Astrology from its Indian cousin, Jyotish - again by New Age Astrologers).

An alternative, would be to look at the third/ninth house axis and planets in those houses. Traditionally these are the houses associated with divination (such as Astrology or Tarot) and with both organised and more private religious beliefs. The ninth being the 'House of God' and the third being the 'House of the Goddess' - concepts which stem from the pre-christian Hellenistic roots of horoscopic Astrology).

Whichever you take as the more likely, you need to be aware that 'one swallow doesn't make a Spring' - you need several supporting pieces of evidence from the chart which indicate such abilities. This will involve you in looking at the aspects to and from Neptune (if you use it) or the Moon or planets in appropriate Houses. If we're talking about individuals and their abilities then you've also got to consider the Ascendant.

There really isn't any agreed or obvious universal chart 'signature', which is not really surprising given the range of divination methods and psychic or paranormal abilities.

That doesn't mean it's a question without answer at the personal level - and it will be interesting to see what others think indicates their own abilities.

Edited to Add

One thing I didn't mention is that there may be a connection to 'nocturnal births' that is births between sunset and sunrise. Traditionally these hours are ruled by the Moon. Of the seven Aeclectic members who participated in the Hellenistic thread, five of them were nocturnal births. I'm a nocturnal birth and my wife who has strong psychic abilities is also a nocturnal birth (she also has a ninth house Moon in Pisces and the Moon rules her Ascendant).

I'd be interested if others who contribute to the thread and are into divination could say whether they are a night birth or a day birth just to see if I've got a representative sample here or whether it's just a fluke.

ravenest

Interesting Dave. I often use the birth time (the Sun's position on the natal wheel chart) as a corollary to the Sun's journey and note interesting dynamics according to its position on the wheel and certain 'mythological aspects' of the Sun's cyclic journey (In a neo-Egyptian sense).

I am into 'divination' (for want of a better word) and am a night birth (9:30) ... the hours of the night are interesting; especially 12 - 3 .... Interesting stuff goes on then (I used to do night shift in a public hospital).

Also I have strong Moon and Neptune themes in my chart ... everything seems to relate in some way to Neptune and several good aspects in association seem to bring out the best sides of it (thank ***? for the balancing reason and Mercurial aspects!). Tropically I have Sun in Cancer (ruled by Moon) and Moon in Leo (ruled by Sun), when using sidereal (which, as you know, I prefer) Moon in Cancer.

I have the night birth / divination / Moon / Neptune thing happening.

Ronia

I'm a day birth. I come from a family with some traditions in divination, so I'm a generational piece. LOL I do consider Neptune, I have it in the 11th house in Saggittarius, not exactly the placement one would expect for such purposes though. But from my point of view it is related to a gift (as I see the 11th as a house of gifts) and to the search of knowledge (Sag). Neptune is one of the most aspected planets in my chart. I do have a strong Moon but in the 7th which is even further than the 11th from divination, IMHO. I do have a Jupiter-Mercury opposition on the 3/9 cusps which does add to the search of knowledge and the expanding of the mind. But from my point of view and from my experience till now, the aspect that really brought me to all this and made it successful is the conjunction Mercury/Pluto. I've written here about this before. It's about penetration and power of the mind to rule over "reality" as we know it. And to me, Pluto is to be considered in such questions as is the sign of the Scorpion and the 8th house. It also depends on what divination is under question - cards, runes, is it only about reading abilities or is it about magic, or is it about influence... it does make a difference.

P.S. My Asc in Capricorn is definitely not something I'd see as related to divination though.