cinnamon

CosmicBeing

Some how i didn't see this part.. This sounds delish! I will have to try it for sure!

I make a hearty stew and I put it on bread then dip it in the stew.....family thinks is weird. But I swear I can pair everything with cinnamon lol.

GotH

Wait.. Was it you who made the Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving? :) It looked amazing! Another fav..

Let's see, my weirdest pairing for cinnamon has been adding it to a pasta sauce. It was fab! :cool4:

yannie

Apart from having it with honey on toast, I mix it in with homemade ricotta (will never get store-bought now I know how to make it), and add honey, thyme, rosemary & cracked black pepper - I use that as a dip or spread. Made it for guests, & they LOVED it! Because it was a small quantity, they were precious about it. Said it tasted exquisite, like nothing they've had before :D

celticnoodle

Hi CN! :)

I'm reviving this post because I'm REALLY, really craving cinnamon right now! Could there be any certain reason for this? Like a malnourishment of some kind? :)

Making Tapioca Pudding right now to have a bit with some tea later. :love:

Yes, I think it happens when one deprives themselves of their nightly wine intake. ;)

***KIDDING!!!***

I remember reading you were staying away from your nightly wine drink. I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. :D

Actually, I like what CB says, and CB, I recently made some beef stew for us and I put in about 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon while its cooking. Its DELICIOUS that way! :D

I just made a delicious apple crisp today. lots of cinnamon in it. YUM! :D

celticnoodle

Apart from having it with honey on toast, I mix it in with homemade ricotta (will never get store-bought now I know how to make it), and add honey, thyme, rosemary & cracked black pepper - I use that as a dip or spread. Made it for guests, & they LOVED it! Because it was a small quantity, they were precious about it. Said it tasted exquisite, like nothing they've had before :D

oh, Yannie, can you share the recipe for that?! We LOVE Ricotta cheese here in this house. I'd love to try to make my own. Sounds great!

CosmicBeing

Wait.. Was it you who made the Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving? :) It looked amazing! Another fav..

Let's see, my weirdest pairing for cinnamon has been adding it to a pasta sauce. It was fab! :cool4:

No I didn't make that pie.

Cinnamon and/or brown sugar in chili is really good...but you still have to put spicy peppers in it...Great chili to make nachos with.

celticnoodle

No I didn't make that pie.

Cinnamon and/or brown sugar in chili is really good...but you still have to put spicy peppers in it...Great chili to make nachos with.

Yes, that's true too. It is good in chili as is a bit of brown sugar. :)

GotH

Yes, I think it happens when one deprives themselves of their nightly wine intake. ;)

:) I know you were kidding but you could be right. My body could be looking for replacement forms of comfort and a glass of wine is comforting to me. Anyway, last night I indulged in my dessert and tea that I prepared instead and was very happy. My craving for this spice has been satisfied. :thumbsup:

celticnoodle

:) I know you were kidding but you could be right. My body could be looking for replacement forms of comfort and a glass of wine is comforting to me. Anyway, last night I indulged in my dessert and tea that I prepared instead and was very happy. My craving for this spice has been satisfied. :thumbsup:

Wow! You're up early, GotH! (isn't it about 5am your way???)

Yes, now that I think of it, you could be correct there too. Glad the dessert and tea helped you. :)

GotH

Wow! You're up early, GotH! (isn't it about 5am your way???)

Yes it's early but I couldn't help but slowly wake to the sound of rain. It's pouring outside! :heart: Going back to sleep for a couple of more hours.. If I can't fall back asleep I might just get up and enjoy the rainy morning with a hot brew. It's amazing how much more refreshed I feel now that I don't drink wine at night anymore..