Playing Card Study Group - playing card experiences with daath

cartarum

playing card experiences with daath

hopefully, anyone reading this thread read my last response to my playing card group thread. if you did, and have begun using the da'ath card, then this is where you can relate your experiences using my technique. i am excited to find out what you all think of this.

jlbvt

I find the idea very interesting, and I have found myself pulling out the bottom card and peeking at it after drawing the cards for a spread. But mostly it's something that I can't relate to the question, or possibly something that sort of disturbs me that I don't want to hear. I tend to pull the daath card more when doing readings for other people, so I haven't grasped how accurate it is yet. (haven't had a lot of follow-up chats to find out.)

But I will keep at it. So, do you find it is a more direct and to-the-point card, relating to your question? An answer you may have been avoiding or hoping not to hear?

cartarum

yes

it is very direct. when you have time, try doing it in a group of people. you will get a greater idea of the kind of language involved, and strengthen your tarot muscle. in fact, if you just read on the street, you will receive impressions from random people you see. you may prophecy meeting someone new, or meeting an old friend. i live in a small town, so its easier, but thats why i would love to see what everyone else has experienced. good luck.
oh! true, it can be something you dont want to hear, but stay calm, the tarot may just be highlighting your own hopes and fears, as they have a large impact on fate.
~A~

darwinia

Re: playing card experiences with daath

cartarum said:
hopefully, anyone reading this thread read my last response to my playing card group thread.

I use playing cards sometimes. I too like the playing card decks that are fully illustrated, and after buying enough tarot decks to fill a cupboard I segued off into playing cards and odd decks that aren't oracles but more like meditation cards or variations of playing cards--whatever I fancy.

When I read your last thread cartarum, you stated:

"and there is a time issue"

I have a question, forgive me if this sounds ornery, but I do find such constraints limiting. Who decided there IS a time issue? Did you, or is this some regularized system you are using from elsewhere? I haven't been following your general comments so perhaps I missed the answer to this. Why is the time issue important please when using playing cards?

Also, why can't the Death card be any card chosen randomly. why the bottom? Was this technique just more systematic for you than a random pick?

I'm always interested in people who devise their own systems, so it's just my curiosity rather than any challenge toward you as to the correctness of the procedure. If you could clarify this I would appreciate it.

jlbvt

I am a little confused too, about what you mean by a time issue, Cartarum. And also, could you furthur explain what you mean by precognition being accurate up to about 15 seconds? Precognition of what? Sometimes I'm a little slow, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

Joan

darwinia

Well, since I haven't received an answer I will apply some torque to this and provide some movement.

Maybe the Death card as explained by cartarum is kind of like his view on God posted in this thread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=350788#post350788

So, I paraphrase and get..........

nothing can be defined as death, because to say death is one thing, is to say death is not another, but death is all. but if death is all, then death is nothing. when there is nothing but darkness the darkness becomes the light, and when there is nothing but light, the light becomes the darkness.

Now that one I can relate to; the death card can be any card you want! Sure.... and time is endless and continuous so there is in reality no time issue....

[Forgive me for being naughty, but I do dislike constraints in an infinite universe. I think it's this strait jacket I've been in, it's so confounded confining.]

cartarum

people

sorry for the mix up ive been on edge lately, and havent been able to concentrate. the timing issue, is that i only have thirty minutes on the computer at a time, once a day, six days a week. i guess it was not important, sorry, ive been a little inept lately.
you can call the cards whatever you want. you can call daath whatever you want. if you learn anything on aeclectic, you will call it whatever you want.
i think we should look at meanings for the cards that do not specify between reversed and upright. then we can get an idea as to the possibilities of reading in greater detail. truly, you cant tell if some of the cards are upright or reversed, as you cant always tell if the whole deck is upright or reversed. so, lets get something started.
we need to find major equivalents in the minors, get a good synopsis of the cards that do not specify reversed and upright,
and get a more temporal/physical veiw of the cards less an emotional one. i will start tomorrow with a little list of major minors. see if you can find any.
i am at a friends computer, and they are kicking me off, so later.
~A~

darwinia

Re: people

cartarum said:
the timing issue, is that i only have thirty minutes on the computer at a time

Oh, well that's specific to you, thanks for clarifying that it wasn't part of the system.

you can call the cards whatever you want. you can call daath whatever you want. if you learn anything on aeclectic, you will call it whatever you want.

Except I didn't learn it from Aeclectic, that's been my approach forever. In fact, I find Aeclectic to be fairly rigid about such things, particularly in the so-called "history" clique.

i think we should look at meanings for the cards that do not specify between reversed and upright. then we can get an idea as to the possibilities of reading in greater detail.

I never separate reversals, or use reversed cards, I find that limiting.

we need to find major equivalents in the minors, get a good synopsis of the cards that do not specify reversed and upright

Why the need to correlate the Majors to the minors? The minors are rich in their own story, why not simply use the story that's there? It's a different system, why try to fit 52 cards into 78? Sorry, it seems to complicate and confuse the system.

I use the reversal meaning in the general description of the card; I don't differentiate, it depends on the surrounding cards and the archetype automatically specifies the shadow side without turning the card upside down.

and get a more temporal/physical veiw of the cards less an emotional one.

You are dealing with life and humanity, emotions are part of life and situations. The cards are sometimes related to emotions and sometimes not, and sometimes they point to an almagamation of both physical and emotional. I don't see how you can lessen emotions. If that shows up, that shows up, you can't exclude emotion from the mix.

That's just me though, and that's my approach. I don't like to segregate and classify with bias before I even draw a card.

I think people make up their own systems with what works for them. Your approach makes no sense to me, which doesn't mean it's wrong, it means it's right for YOU. And since it's not right for me, I'll quit bugging you and asking annoying questions. ;-0))

I do appreciate the clarification though, particularly since you are rushed when on a computer. Now that must *really* bug you.

darwinia

Huh???

You said in this thread I'm replying in, that the timing issue was one of having access to a computer, but here (see link below) you are speaking of a timing issue in regard to the accuracy of the precognitive meaning of the death card.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26267&highlight=playing+card

Posted by cartarum:

"the bottom card of the deck is daath. it can
have the meaning of any position of any spread. its meaning is
directly connected to what is happening, whether it is emotional,
physical, or temporal. where precognition is concerned, it is
accurate, up to about fifteen seconds."

"it takes alot of concentration, and there is a time issue"

Forgive me for being forceful, but it sounds like you are making this up on the fly. You've cited emotional meaning in the quote from the other thread, and yet you said in this thread that you were aiming for a "more temporal/physical veiw of the cards less an emotional one."

The system keeps changing, I'm completely baffled, so I'll leave you to it.

cartarum

confusion

sorry, i should be more specific. what kinds of things would any one like to know? if you would not like help discerning the overall nature of the cards that do not specify upright or reversed, then i wont talk about it. anyone who wants help can ask, no worries. it is important when reading from daath to know when a pip is being used in place of a major, as it can indicate where there is certainty. i know its hard to get, but you will find out as you read.
it also helps in your general tarot studies, as you will see.
read "temporal key cards".