Cartomancy, "Haunting Evidence"

tarotgirlfl

I've been watching this show "Haunting Evidence" on Court TV. It's like a documentary series. It's a 3-person team; a medium, a psychic profiler and a parnormal investigator. They take cold cases and re-visit the evidence as well as the place the crime took place and try to get more info on what happened.

A few times now, I noticed that the lady they call the "psychic profiler" will have a deck of playing cards in her hands as she's trying to pick up psychic information on the person who died and what happened to them. She'll, like, walk around playing with the cards in her hands and say something like "she trusted him", looks at the card she pulls, and goes "yes, she trusted him". I've seen this more than once on this show.

Any ideas on how this implementation of playing cards works?

I'm a non-psychic who wants to be psychic, who is currently learing tarot and cartomancy, and I am also a paranormal investigator. Ever since seeing this done on the show, I've been wondering if the use of cards helps one be more psychic (can it help me grow more psychic?) and/or if the cards can be used in paranormal investigations. If I hadn't seen cards used in this way on that show, I might not have ever wondered about this.

Thoughts? :) Thanks!

Joermit

Hiya!

Yes... I believe that work with any sort of tool can provide a focus for your psychic abilities... it's all in you... card are only paper, they just provide a focus from which you can pick up information at a more intuitive/psychic level... the more you work with your tool, the more you'll begin to understand and develop your abilities...

lemme try and make a metaphor... lol... this oughta be interesting... so, imagine working with a tool... let's say your natural abilities (and yes you have them!) are like a screwdriver.... which is perfectly capable of driving a screw... but.... using a better tool like say, an electric drill, well, you're able to drive screws faster and more efficiently... so... combining your natural abilities with a good tool that you've studied (tarot or playing cards) gives you quicker and more efficient info... bascially turning your regular ol screwdriver into an electric one...

hmm.... or you just end up screwed...lol... okay so not the best metaphor... but I was trying to make a point that I hope you got...lol

as far as her system... I dunno, I'll have to try and catch the show... sounds very interesting... I would imagine she's picking up impressions and then using her cards as confirmation... which I think is a wonderful idea, especially with playing cards, as a quick glance can give you lots of info... I say just experiment... try it and see if you get a feel... or if your cards start to talk to you... what have to got to lose?? that's my thoughts, hope they helped...lol... take care...

Joey

brenmck

You can google "Carla Baron" - she has a very informative web page and discusses her use of Tarot and other means.

Very convincing episodes this week - she seems quite a bit more assertive than the usual "psychic detectives."

~B~

Phoenix Rising

I have not seen that series...Not here in NZ yet...sounds interesting though.

One of my best friends and Deborah Leigh(Psychic love doctor) are cartomancers of 20 years...they both said that there intuition developed to quite a high level of perception after learning the cards(PC's) like what Joermit said it's not the cards that give the ability...but you start to understand better the message with the cards, calling forward that right handside of the brain, which is intuition. You don't have as much pictorial clues and having to analyse it all..like tarot.

But I'm sure all readers who stick to their divination method, will eventually get to a high level of perception.

Indigo Rose

tarotgirlfl said:
A few times now, I noticed that the lady they call the "psychic profiler" will have a deck of playing cards in her hands as she's trying to pick up psychic information on the person who died and what happened to them. She'll, like, walk around playing with the cards in her hands and say something like "she trusted him", looks at the card she pulls, and goes "yes, she trusted him". I've seen this more than once on this show.

Thoughts? :)

In my opinion, Haunting Evidence is a fake...these people are in it for the money and the film coverage. I watch Psychic Detectives which profiles real psychics/mediums...who have assisted in solving real cases. Haunting Evidence comes on after Psychic Detectives. When watching, one can immediately tell the difference between the real psychics and the people from this show. Carla was profiled once on Psychic Detectives...she was the only one I've ever seen profiled on that show who DID NOT assist in solving a crime or finding a missing person. Imagine how shocked I was to see her with her own show! Oh well that's Entertainment for you....so much for "reality TV"....where there is nothing real to it. They are very scripted in what they say and match too consistently. Real psychics don't even get the detailed, picture by picture descriptions these 2 seem to get every week and at the same time....wow. This kind of show gives REAL psychics a bad name.